Looking for a good, budget depthfinder

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you looking for info on cheap depth finders? Or are you wanting someone to sell you one on here?

I've got a Hummingbird PiranhaMax 170 brand new in the box I'd let go for $75. PM me if you are interested.

JUST REMEMBER, FOR UNDER A HUNDRED BUCKS BEING ABLE TO READ DEPTH AND SEE COVER LIKE WEEDS IS ABOUT THE ONLY THING A 100 SONAR WILL DO WITH ANY ACCURACY......

I bought a piranha max 170 for $49 bucks last year (dealer leftover) and it does everything I need and I am very happy with it

Thanks. My search here has given me the following recommendations. Which do you think is the best?

Lowrance X-4, X-4 Pro

Humminbird Pirahna Max 160/170

Garmin 150

Eagle Cuda 620/820

I'm kind of old school and dearly love the old Lowrance flashers for immediate feedback. In fact, I now have three of them. Just troll eBay and you can find a decent deal on one of these old workhorses. Once you get them dialed-in and understand how to read the display, they are hard to beat. I hate how the new fish/depth finders seem to have some sort of buffer that delays immediate feedback. I guess it has something to do with processor speeds. Probably not the case with one of the high-end models but I just can't justify the expense.

If you watch ebay carefully good deals could be had. Last year, I got a Lowrance x67c brand new in the seal package for $110.00 including shipping. A few months later, I won a used M68c for $100.00. (x67c with GPS).

Garmin Echo 150 $88

https://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_query=echo+garmin&ic=16_0&Find=Find&search_constraint=0

BPS matches

I love my Garmin 150, Try getting the screen size, resolution, and versitile mounting system, and dual beam for under $100 from the other brands. Garmin Absolutely owns budget fish finders! unless you miss your original game boy, go Garmin.

Latest posts