LUND 14Ft Seat Location

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasonkim

Reaction score
Hi guys,
New to the forum, I am currently restoring a LUND WC-14 foot aluminum. It has the split seat configuration in the rear and I plan on mounting the rear seat on the right side as it is easiest for me to use the tiller from there. I plan on mounting two additional seats on the middle bench and the front. What configuration would be the best for weight distribution? Would going offset be the best (i.e. have middle seat set to the left and the front set to the right or place the two additional seats directly in the center for both.

Thanks in advance

I know it's getting late in the season but I recommend putting the boat in the water and seating who will be coming with you. I am using seat clamps to mount my seats so it makes it a little easier to tune weight distribution. I took a stab at it when I mounted my seats and found my fishing buddy was porkier than I thought and had to move my fuel tank to offset. Which works until I get low on fuel. Lol. I sit to the right of the motor, starboard, even when alone. It helps offset prop torque.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

jasonkim said:
What configuration would be the best for weight distribution? Would going offset be the best (i.e. have middle seat set to the left and the front set to the right or place the two additional seats directly in the center for both.
I too have a 14' and went w/ the middle seat offset to the left and the bow seat centered. My reasoning for the middle seat is for both balance and for my visibility viewing while up on plane and cruising.

When going around headway speed or drifting/anchored or even trolling, then they can switch to the bow seat, centered so they have ample room. Less balance issues where they are so far up in the bow 'V'. Unless calm out, I find most don't like cruising fast being up in the bow, especially when hitting/crossing boat wakes.

Works for me! I also only use 2 seats, but have 3 seat bases and can switch them around in seconds.
ProCraft 14-Skiff4 2020.jpg

Weldorthemagnificent said:
I know it's getting late in the season but I recommend putting the boat in the water and seating who will be coming with you. I am using seat clamps to mount my seats so it makes it a little easier to tune weight distribution. I took a stab at it when I mounted my seats and found my fishing buddy was porkier than I thought and had to move my fuel tank to offset. Which works until I get low on fuel. Lol. I sit to the right of the motor, starboard, even when alone. It helps offset prop torque.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk
Yeah unfortunately, I have the whole boat apart right now for paint so I am doubtful I will get the boat out until next season. I'm bolting mine down so I wont be able to adjust unfortunately. HAHA my fishing buddies are on the larger side as well will keep taht in minde.

DaleH said:
jasonkim said:
What configuration would be the best for weight distribution? Would going offset be the best (i.e. have middle seat set to the left and the front set to the right or place the two additional seats directly in the center for both.
I too have a 14' and went w/ the middle seat offset to the left and the bow seat centered. My reasoning for the middle seat is for both balance and for my visibility viewing while up on plane and cruising.

When going around headway speed or drifting/anchored or even trolling, then they can switch to the bow seat, centered so they have ample room. Less balance issues where they are so far up in the bow 'V'. Unless calm out, I find most don't like cruising fast being up in the bow, especially when hitting/crossing boat wakes.

Works for me! I also only use 2 seats, but have 3 seat bases and can switch them around in seconds.
ProCraft 14-Skiff4 2020.jpg

Thanks for the valuable info. That really helps for me, I didn't think about placing the very front seat in the middle and didn't even consider my line of sight.
cheers

Latest posts