Make the noise go away!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T Man

Reaction score
My boat drives me crazy when I am anchored and the waves slap the front of the hull. I was thinking of something like dynamat to cut down on the noise, but the stuff isn't cheap. Anyone dealt with, and remedied this before?

have you tried a rubber door mat or equivalent? I found some at lowes that were good sized, rubber, cheap! never really paid attention to whether or not it cut down on noise. I used it to keep my boat from getting scratched up where I have battery boxes, in the rear hatch area, bow storage area.

Use a pool noodle, or a couple of them. Run a line through the noodles, tie off each end to the boat (one port one starboard) so that the noodle is floating on the water up against the bow of the boat.

No more slapping!

I put 3/8 inch thick rubber Horse Stall mat in the bottom of my boat. Huge difference in amount of noise from before. I think 1/4 inch up in the bow would reduce that hollow wave slap sound.

I use insulation foam for the bottom and from inside and its night and day for noise but i put plywood on it then i put these sears foam mats theres someone on her that did the same i got the idea from him good luck :D

That noise is all part of the tinboat experience, Kind of the same way an old coleman lantern sounds while your sitting around the campfire with your feet propped up, but I have been told I am a bit off. I am the type that likes my ceiling fans old and squeaky.

Latest posts