Modifying my boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just made L brackets out of aluminum from lowes and bolted them to the transom and sides of the boat above the water line

when ya take it out just watch the transom as you go from idle to full throttle. Mine had a good bit of flex wich ended up cracking the transom down both sides.

Ill get some pics as soon as I get mine done and rember to get the old lady to snap a few. hopefully this sat.

Weather looks good for tomorrow...planning on putting the first coats of paint on the trailer and boat! Can't wait to get started...it's killing me being at work

jmowery2333 said:
Oh, I forgot to ask some of you guys that know a little more about boats then me? What do you think the max horsepower motor is that I could use for this boat? I can get a heck of a deal on a 9.9, but I am not sure if it would be legal....the tag is faded on the boat and I can't tell what max horsepower is....any clue?

My guess is it can handle a 9.9, but actually there is a USCG formula that you can use to determine the maximum horsepower for your hull, you can find it here starting on pg. 2:
https://files.dnr.state.mn.us/education_safety/safety/boatwater/backyardboatbuilders.pdf
So for peace of mind and legality go by what you get from the calculation process outlined there. If it turned out less than 10hp then personally I would get the 9.9 and pretend I didn't know any better or get the 9.9 and remove the stickers, and possibly replace them with the appropriate hp stickers if I could find them for cheap on ebay or something! :lol:

I'm running a 40hp and my boat is 2ft longer :beer:

Man... looking at the pics. of that thing, I would be shocked if it was not rated for at least 15hp. just my .o2.

Well, I did the formula and I am good for the 9.9hp. That's all that matters to me.

Got my boat primered today...pics will soon be added...should be able to get a lot done over the next two days!

Got a lot done the past 2 days...finished the trailer...got the front deck built, and the two decks for in between the seats (these are removable) and got the first coat of paint put on the bottom of the boat...man what a difference it is all ready!

jmowery2333
[/url][/img]

jmowery2333
[/url][/img]

jmowery2333
[/url][/img]

jmowery2333
[/url][/img]

jmowery2333
[/url][/img]

jmowery2333
[/url][/img]

jmowery2333
[/url][/img]

jmowery2333
[/url][/img]

Thanks guys for all the help!!

Just got the first coat of paint on the inside of the boat...one more coat and I will be putting it all together! I will add pics once I get the second coat of paint put on! Thanks again for everyones help.