My build from then 'til now - Motor swap completed!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A Hot Foot is just a foot throttle instead of a hand throttle. It is the same as driving a car. When you are in the stuff and you're white nuckling, it is always better to have 2 hands on the wheel. Same thing in a boat. I love my Hot Foot and I really can't imagine running the skinny water I have run without two hands on the wheel, in some cases. I'm sure you can adjust to one hand on the wheel but........

Here is a pic of one in a bass boat.
https://vicssportscenter.com/fishingboats/upload/tn_photo_3470.jpg

bulldog said:
A Hot Foot is just a foot throttle instead of a hand throttle. It is the same as driving a car. When you are in the stuff and you're white nuckling, it is always better to have 2 hands on the wheel. Same thing in a boat. I love my Hot Foot and I really can't imagine running the skinny water I have run without two hands on the wheel, in some cases. I'm sure you can adjust to one hand on the wheel but........

Here is a pic of one in a bass boat.
https://vicssportscenter.com/fishingboats/upload/tn_photo_3470.jpg
It's like a car but when you try to stomp on the brake and it's not there :shock: .
You can run skinny water fine with one hand, just gotta be quick :mrgreen:

I did some work to the rod locker tonight. Built everything with yard sign material(chloroplast) and golf bag tubes($1.29 a piece). It looks great, is very stable and added little to no weight. Literally under a pound. There is enough room for 8 rods which is more than enough and is 7'10" long. I'm more than happy with the results.

Attachments

• rod locker done.JPG
    rod locker done.JPG
    312.1 KB · Views: 1,108
  • rod locker buil 4.JPG
    rod locker buil 4.JPG
    272.2 KB · Views: 1,108
  • rod locker build 3.JPG
    rod locker build 3.JPG
    304.6 KB · Views: 1,108
  • rod locker build 2.JPG
    rod locker build 2.JPG
    301.8 KB · Views: 1,108
  • rod locker build 1.JPG
    rod locker build 1.JPG
    265.5 KB · Views: 1,108
Here are some pics of my storage. The small one is for I'm not sure and the larger one is for my tackle.

Attachments

• small storage.JPG
    small storage.JPG
    302 KB · Views: 1,108
  • bait storage.JPG
    bait storage.JPG
    340.3 KB · Views: 1,108
Some pics of the bimini top. I love this thing. The only bad part is it is very hard to fish out of the back of the boat with it up. Built solid and cheap!!

Attachments

• bimini1.JPG
    bimini1.JPG
    362.6 KB · Views: 1,107
  • bimini 2.JPG
    bimini 2.JPG
    283.6 KB · Views: 1,107
Bulldog, you have that looking sweet. You have done some very nice and intricate work. NICE JOB!!! =D>

moelkhuntr said:
Bulldog, you have that looking sweet. You have done some very nice and intricate work. NICE JOB!!! =D>

Thanks!! I finally see some light at the end of the tunnel. Getting close to being done with the front deck. Just hard to find the time being so busy with work.

Nice work bd. Looks great.

I don't remember seeing in your build, what did you line your hatches with?

I also got a crack in my boat welded yesterday. It was a 1.25-1.5" crack where the transom hits the top rail of the boat but i wanted to get it fixed before it got too bad. S&MFISH told me to go to Contractors Welding in Rock Hill. I did and they are second to none. They re-gusseted the sides so it should not happen again. Charged me $65 but to me that seemed fair and it was a problem that could have turned in to a huge issue if not fixed. I dropped the boat off before I got to work and it was ready for me to pick up during my lunch break. I can't say enough about these people. A little hard to find but they know what they are doing.

Attachments

• jst boat build 001.jpg
    jst boat build 001.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,058
  • jst boat build 002.jpg
    jst boat build 002.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,058
Brine said:
Nice work bd. Looks great.

I don't remember seeing in your build, what did you line your hatches with?

The white on the inside of the hatches is just the paint that is on the ACM. They call it "sign ready". It holds up to the outdoors for 5 years so it should hold up inside my hatches for at least that long.

Gotta drop the boat off at the mechanic. I have a shifting problem and a bad fuel pump. Ever since I got my jet I have not been able to shift from reverse to forward smoothly. I have messed with it for the last time. I wish they would just put a shift linkage on the outside of my pump as opposed to using the existing shift linkage though the shaft of the motor. It would solve all the problems but apparently they don't advise doing that application on larger motors. How do you guys have your linkage?

I got my fuel pump rebuilt and the mechanic said all is good to go. I have to pick it up tomorrow. He said for such an old motor he is very surprised how strong it is. Put a smile on my face but I am still looking to repower this year or next with something newer and 4 stroke. I really like the newer Evinrudes and I have not heard very good things about the newer larger Mercs.

I have been pricing out shift linkages and they are a little expensive so i'm going to just take the reverse gate off for the mean time until I get fed up with that then I'll get it all fixed. I've just been spending too much $$ on this boat recently and if my fiance' finds out she's going to whoop me good. Apparently we are supposed to be saving for a wedding or something crazy like that. :?

I can't wait to get on the water this weekend. 72 and overcast on Sunday. Sounds to me like the top water bite will be on at the upper Meramec.

Did you pop-rivet the entire frame, or did you weld some of it?

It looks good, real similar to what my basstracker is going to be....eventually #-o

Latest posts