My Introduction

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dabber

Reaction score
Well I guess you can say I'm still new to this board, so I thought I'd post a little about myself. I'm in my early 30's now and as a kid I watched Bill Dance and Jimmy Houston on the only channel we got. I couldn't get enough fishing as I got older and finally turned to the fly rod. I've been active in Trout Unlimited with stocking fingerling brown trout and habitat improvement. I kind of got away from all that the past couple years and just fished. I fish anything from fly fishing for little Native Brook Trout to chucking spinners and buzz baits for Bass. I'm getting ready for the DNR Trout stocking here in West Virginia. The stocked trout and Crappie are the only fish I keep, it's Catch and Release for all other fish. I also enjoy building rods and tying flies when I have time. Well enough blabbing here is some old pics enjoy!
BassonFly003.jpg

BassonFly004.jpg

BassonFly005.jpg

I've got a ton pics but they were to big, the site wouldn't let me post. I'll try to resize them and post later.

dabber

awesome job... those are some nice ones - just the right eating size!

If you use photobucket you can upload them to fit a 15" monitor and that should fix your problem for size - well, it works for me anyways

welcome

looks like your rite in my back yard!

i mainly fish for trout up here in the winter, useing a lite spinning real, but just acumulated a fly rod/real so hopefully ill be able to learn how to work it before the brownies start heading back down stream. hopfully i can get some tips from ya. if the water conditions are right (wich they havent been up here for awile, seems like the brownies see you comming from a mile away), an old brown/black beat up panther martin has been leathel for me

what parts of wv are you in?

looks like we got the same heavy chevy =D>

WOW that looks kinda like oh I don't know...

ALMOST HEAVEN...

I have family spread out all over West Virgina most of them near Hinton

I wish I could find places like that to fish around here... scenery wise that is..

Awesome pictures! Keep'em coming, we love pictures on this site!

Thanks, I live right in the middle of the state(Braxton Co.)

I plan on bass fishing more this year and taking the jon boat out more! The flyrod stays in the boat for when those big ole bluegills start popping!

dabber

Thanks for the kind words guys!

Nickk, Yeah it's a boo rod. It used to be a 9 footer until I stripped it down and used the top and mid section to make a "banty" rod. It's now 6'1" and casts a 4wt line pretty good. Here's some pics of the build.
Southbend359bantybuild001.jpg

Southbend359bantybuild002.jpg

Southbend359bantybuild003.jpg

Southbend359bantybuild006.jpg

rod2003.jpg

rod2009.jpg

WilliamsRiver2007027.jpg

dabber

Welcome aboard mate :D

Nice to hear that your a rod builder, how long have ya been doing it?

starting to do it myself and love it, if there was enough of us I'd love to talk to Jim about adding a custom build area for rods and baits :D

Your pics are killer, what Kind of camera set up are you using? I have been in the market of getting a good one but, funds have been lacking :lol: Looken at a Nikon or Cannon.

Latest posts