My replacement vehicle

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fords are bad luck for me... driving, riding or even on the road near one...
Last one I owned was for 5 days (bought and wrecked Oct 2004): 2001 Exploder V8 Eddie Bauer, heated leather seats, just top of the line everything... was driving 60 mph along FL Hwy 98 (which is also know as "Bloody 98" for this reason) and a Ford Ranger truck pulled straight across our lane, Tboned his truck sending it 150 feet back into the woods and ours flipped length-wise end over end until coming to a rest on the driver side a few feet off off the road in the ditch. Lets just say after the accident, the Exploder was about 3 feet shorter, although I am glad to be alive after that. Pics available upon request.

If I survived a 60 MPH impact that shortened the vehicle 3 feet, I would run right out and get another vehicle just like it. While I was at the Ford stealership waiting on my truck, I overhear 2 sales guys talking. One of them said he had a guy that just came in and bought a brand new 2011 Explorer because he went off the road and rolled down a 20' hill and landed upside down. He broke out a window and he and his wife and kid crawled out, all totally unhurt. The vehicle he rolled? A 2010 Explorer. Kinda speaks volumes about vehicle safety and customer loyalty.

Popeye said:
If I survived a 60 MPH impact that shortened the vehicle 3 feet, I would run right out and get another vehicle just like it. While I was at the Ford stealership waiting on my truck, I overhear 2 sales guys talking. One of them said he had a guy that just came in and bought a brand new 2011 Explorer because he went off the road and rolled down a 20' hill and landed upside down. He broke out a window and he and his wife and kid crawled out, all totally unhurt. The vehicle he rolled? A 2010 Explorer. Kinda speaks volumes about vehicle safety and customer loyalty.

True BUT... considering 99.99999% of all accidents with, accidents near, near miss or just plain stupid driving events in my vicinity are Fords... There can be one Ford out of 50 vehicles around me and it is that one that as soon as it gets next to or just past me that it swerves over almost hitting me (earlier tonight, a Ford Exploder Sport Trac truck), cuts me off (last weekend with no other traffic around), rear ends another vehicle next to me (this happened 2 weeks ago), just all kinds of events where Fords and I do not get along. Ford does not like me.

Now I am not discouraging anyone to NOT buy a Ford, just try to stay away from me if possible lol

My last Ford:

explorer1.jpg

Yes I lived after a wreck in one but that is based on safety regulations for all SUVs this size and larger since 2000. The last Ford I owned was a 1960 F250 4x4 with a mid 60s 292 V8 in it, I loved that truck as long as it worked. I owned that one 2 weeks before various things started dying or breaking on it. Exhaust manifold bolt, alternator, lifter spring, rear main seal deciding it wants to start smoking one day, and so on. The last straw was the hydrolic clutch master cylinder needing a total rebuild and the kits and parts being next to impossible to find, this was after 2 years on and off the road.

Yet the other non-Fords have been great for me! I had each one around 3 years, except the Ford for 2 years, and Durango now for almost 5 years.
79 Chevy 4x4 truck (my first truck, I was ROUGH on it until I ran it out of antifreeze/coolant without realizing it),
60 Ford mentioned above
89 Olds "gutless" Cutlass (had almost 300,000 miles when I sold it but still got 35-40mpg on the highway and had zero mechanical problems),
76 GMC C1500 truck with 350, sold it to get something newer,
91 Chevy Suburban R2500 2WD 3/4 ton with 454. Sold that only because I started working from home and we only needed one vehicle, which is now our 2004 Dodge Durango.

Not to mention the vehicles I have owned in 10 years of marriage which were mostly my wife's vehicles, 95 Nissan Pathfinder which was traded in on the Exploder when we were trying for a second kid and figured we would need more room.
After the accident had a 99 GMC Jimmy 4x4 for a short time but it was too small,
01 Nissan Pathfinder for a few years, then traded that in on our current Durango since we expected more kids.