Navigation lights help

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Xaero said:
LDUBS said:
Perko makes one that is 18" tall.

Just for reference Perko told me they have never made an 18" bow light ever. The tallest I have found is 14" which I am going to give a try (waiting on it to be delivered). If that doesn't work I will have to cobble something together.

Interesting. Is a red/green navigation light the same as a bow light? If no, then "Oops". If yes, see below (Spec's say 18" on West Marine's site). I still think (if it were me) I would modify a less expensive one to the height I wanted.

Edit -- Thought maybe this was a typo on West Marine's site. Confirmed this is also on Perko's website. It says the pole length is 17 1/4". I suppose adding the lenses brings it to 18". Maybe the guy you talked to at Perko was having a bad day. :shock:

Screen Shot 2018-10-23 at 8.42.58 PM.png

I would imagine you could use a pipe cutter and cut it in half and then cut the wires and splice in segments to fit your length need. Just make sure to run the wires through whatever you use as a extension/union before splicing lol.

I thought I was going to have to do this myself but my light turns out it extends just enough above my stowed trolling motor to avoid it.

LDUBS said:
Xaero said:
LDUBS said:
Perko makes one that is 18" tall.

Just for reference Perko told me they have never made an 18" bow light ever. The tallest I have found is 14" which I am going to give a try (waiting on it to be delivered). If that doesn't work I will have to cobble something together.

Interesting. Is a red/green navigation light the same as a bow light? If no, then "Oops". If yes, see below (Spec's say 18" on West Marine's site). I still think (if it were me) I would modify a less expensive one to the height I wanted.

Edit -- Thought maybe this was a typo on West Marine's site. Confirmed this is also on Perko's website. It says the pole length is 17 1/4". I suppose adding the lenses brings it to 18". Maybe the guy you talked to at Perko was having a bad day. :shock:

Ohh wow haha! That is funny! My navigation light is even with the top of the trolling motor now. I will have to ask a local game warden or Coast Guard officer to see if its actually legal. If I stand in front of my boat I see it fine. On the water waves could hide it.