Need advice quick

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DirtyPolack

Reaction score
I am in the process of purchasing a new boat. I am down to 2 boats one of which I will be purchasing this weekend. Both are 1988. First one is a Blue Fin Superhawk (16') and the other is a 1988 Starcraft Mariner (16'). I am have a difficult time seeing or finding much difference between the 2. Is one hull better quality than the other. Should I avoid either one. Both outfitted the same and in similar shape.
Thanks

Do they come with motors? If the blue fin has a Force I'd stay away. I've heard a lot of bad things...

They do, both have Force motors that I plan on scrapping. Main concern is which hull is better, or anything negative I should be aware of. I've been all over the internet and searched forums, and can't get a definitive answer.

Not at the moment. The ads expired on CL. I did request to have them sent to me directly.

Don't know anything about blue fin, but I have looked at a star craft, and they seem well built. At least the one I looked at was.

To those of you that did respond to my posting...Thanks. Saw the Starcraft live today, and was able to make my decision. It was in terrible shape. Thanks again.