New Member Introductions!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys. I am new on here. Love this site. Have got some great ideas from all of you. I look forward to asking alot of questions and hope I dont wear you guys out.

Hello!! New member and first time boat owner. I am an avid fisherman and go fishing on friends boats all the time and finally decided to purchase a boat to call my own. I'm so exited to have one and have many questions. Now I'm just waiting for my two oldest boys to come up with a name for it. I know very little about boats and motors. So this will be a fun learning expierience for my boys and I. I look forward to learning from you all and sharing what I learn along the way!!

HEY EVERYONE

My name is Eli I just found your web-site been looking for one like this for a while now :D ! I love fishing and and I have had many boats and all aluminum :mrgreen: . I had a 14ft lund for about 2 years till I sold it to get married :( but soon boat myself a harbor craft 12 ft that I used for one summer than sold and got myself a 14ft smokercraft. I used that for about 2 years and just recently acquired myself a really nice 15ft DUROBOAT :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Always wanted one. anyway pictures soon to follow too rainy now to post any since I live in SEATTLE WA :shock: Anyway HI ALL

Hi, I just signed up!

I'm live in Tampa Bay, am a full-time high school teacher, and part-time guide. I own a custom SeaArk 1860MVT. I fish 99.9% shallow saltwater for Redfish, snook, trout, etc in Tampa Bay and Chassahowitzka. I prefer fly fishing, but probably spend more time with a spinning rod in my hand.

I hope to contribute great information to this community.

Tom

Hey, Im Mitch from Charleston SC, enjoy fishing and just being outside, I have a 1976 duracraft 1436, and a 16ft coleman scanoe w/ 5hp gamefisher motor. I always enjoy checking out this forum for new ideas as im always looking for an excuse to be in the garage piddling with something. Glad to be a member

Have a great day, and happy fishing

Swampfox88 said:
Hey, Im Mitch from Charleston SC, enjoy fishing and just being outside, I have a 1976 duracraft 1436, and a 16ft coleman scanoe w/ 5hp gamefisher motor. I always enjoy checking out this forum for new ideas as im always looking for an excuse to be in the garage piddling with something. Glad to be a member

Welcome swamp fox! Show the scanoe pics :)

Hello, I am new to the sight and a fresh boat owner. Pretty excited to get it out on the waters of TN and KY. It is my first boat and I believe it is a 78 Glastron with a 78 Johnson 115. I have some minor things to do to it and have an issue to resolve regarding the selector lever going into reverse.mthe issue is posted in the motor section of the forums.

I am looking forward to working with all of you and can't wait to get myself and my 5 year old son on the water in a few weeks.

Thank you for the opportunity to be a member.

panFried said:
Swampfox88 said:

Welcome swamp fox! Show the scanoe pics :)

Attachments

• SCANOE.jpg
    SCANOE.jpg
    879 KB · Views: 861
Hi everyone.

My name is Erik. I live in Oslo, Norway all the way up in northern Europe. I'm sorry my english is a bit rusty, please bare with me. I have been ceeping an eye on this site for quite some time now, but have finally taken the plunge and become a member. :)

I've been on the water ever since I could row my first 9' jonboat, wich means i've been into tinboats for close to 30 years. The last 10 years or so my main boat has been a Silver Colibri 405 (13'). It's a finnish boat, with a rather deep V, aluminium outher hull and fiberglass innerhull.

I've had several different outboards on it, presently I have a 50 hp Honda (BF50) wich I'm very pleased with. I keep the boat on a trailer, and tow it with me wherever I feel like it. I upploaded a bunch of photos to the gallery, if you want to have a look.

I do all kinds of fishing, from flyfishing for small trouts to trolling for salmon, northern pike, walleye and offcourse saltwaterfishing as well. The ice has just gone from the fjord here, and is about to go on the larger lakes, and I'm really looking forward to throwing my icedrill in the shed, and launch my boat now. :)

Tanks for having me!

Hi guys,

I've been lurking on here for awhile and finally registered. I bought my first boat this last june (an 88 Bass Tracker Pro 16 with a 45 Mariner) and am deep into a major overhaul. Once I get all of the pictures organized I'll be starting a build thread. This forum has helped me out a ton and I hopefully I can reciprocate in the future.