New Setup

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bearsphan3.14

Reaction score
RevoS.jpg

Finally saved the money for my new setup. Revo S on a Lighting Rod Shock. This reel is soooo much different from the $60-$70 reels. I am going to love this thing :lol:

This is my first BC. I looked at the max series and a few others. the Revo is like butter compared to those. It is slightly humbling though. Half my casts were good(ish). Plus, I had to make a huge adjustment. I was casting well left of my target. Practice

Nice set up. On the casting to the left. I found that when I loosened my brake some that it helped to cast "straighter".

Nice setup, I have had a highspeed revo stx 2+ years, and never greased or oiled it and it still performs great. I have tortured it with fresh and saltwater fishing and it just keeps kicking. I am probably gonna get another one soon if I don't decide to get a shimano. Good luck and keep practicing, I still backlash and I have been fishing baitcasters for almost 15 years :oops:

Just adjusted my brakes today. Once you get comfortable you need to turn some of the brakes off to get it to throw far. I was slinging my fishhead spin today, I smiled all day.

Very nice set-up. I am sure you will enjoy that Revo.

I own a SX and Winch. Amazing drags on these things too!!!

Nice setup! Have you got to "break-in" the rod yet? I've been pondering on getting one of those new lightning rods myself whenever the time comes.