Oars?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don't Say

Reaction score
Does everyone carry oars in their boat, I was thinking about taking mine out. They are awkward and take up so much room. I thought I would just carry an extra battery. Is this a bad idea? Of course I only have one trolling motor, but if you had two that should help.

Keep at least 1, you may never need it but as soon as you leave it, well I think you know the rest.

If you're going up the creek, take at least 1 paddle.

WTL said:
If you're going up the creek, take at least 1 paddle.

:LOL2: Nice!

Yes, I carry one just in case. A small wooden one that is easily stored out of the way.

I have this one:
https://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_17036____SearchResults
I have a bracket that holds it on the vertical side of one of the bench seats.

Very few of y'all are carrying oars. At least, I hope not, considering you are only carrying one. :lol:

Yes, I carry a PADDLE in my boat anytime I am out. It is very useful for many things, which do not include moving the boat, but I imagine I could if I need. Makes a great unbeaching tool, can be thrust to another boat to pull towards you, etc.

Now, oars, I have a set, but the only time they have ever been with me is when I was in a lake that prohibited mechanical propulsion.

I have the typical 4' wooden paddle onboard. Comes in great for pushing away from the bank, reaching out to try and get lures stuck in bushes, etc. Hopefully I'll never have to use it for it's designed purpose. I know a fellow that has a 21' Triton, and he keeps one onboard his rig also. You never know what's gonna happen.

Yup, I always have a pair in my smokercraft.
They tuck up against the sides and are out of the way 99% of the time. I usually just leave 'em in the boat year round.

They don't get much use since I have a combstion engine, and electric T/M, but I have used them once or twice...and I woulda really been up sh... creek without 'em!

i may be mistaken but don't they make some kind of funny shaped paddle that's real short and you make figure 8's in the back of the boat to propell it? anyone else know what i'm talking about?

chopper6322 said:
i may be mistaken but don't they make some kind of funny shaped paddle that's real short and you make figure 8's in the back of the boat to propell it? anyone else know what i'm talking about?

Not sure about the length, but isn't that how they propel the Gondolas in Venice?

SlimeTime said:
"Those aren't oars.....they're my seesters" :twisted:ST

:shock:
2funny.gif

Thanks guys, I have a pair of wooden canoe paddles, so I'll put those in my boat and stash the oars in my utility building. I Thank you all very much.
They say, "Two heads are better then one" but, here you can get into lot's of heads. It's great! :D