Ok, correct me if I am wrong....

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrispbrown27

Reaction score
...but when a 2 bank onboard charger is listed as having 8 amps total output that means that there are 4 amps going to each bank? (assuming that both batteries need to be charged, if not then the additional amps are transferred to the other battery) I was looking at the Cabelas onboard chargers, which are on sale, and the $87 price tag seems nice but not if it will take forever to charge my batteries.
Chris

yes, typically an 8A 2-bank charger would be 4A to each bank. Might be fine, just depends on how long it'll be charging between trips.

Decided it will work for what I do. I am not a troll all day kind of fisherman, I prefer to get in position and anchor or tie off. The batteries are used mostly for fishfinder, a little trolling and starting the outboard. The only time I would use more juice is on summer night out jug fishing, but unfortunately those days are few and far between. The 8 amps should be sufficient to charge my batteries by the next day. For anyone looking, Cabelas has their 2 bank charger on sale for 88 bucks.
Chris

Latest posts