Pocono LMBS 4-26-27-08

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicdicarlo

Reaction score
This weekend I went up to my sisters in the Del Water Gap to do some spring time LMB fishing. It was supposed to be somewhat cloudy and rainy this past weekend...looked like ideal largie conditions, especially for the shallow lakes we planned to hit. As usual, springtime in the pocono mountains isn't exactly warm and sunny, but the fishing was pretty **** good. DAY 1: "Lake A"
Saturday we hit "Lake A," about 1400 acres of weed beds, stump filled shallow flats, bald eagle reserves, and standing timber, largemouth bass, and ravenous pickeral.
IMG_2150.jpg

IMG_2149.jpg

Fishing was pretty hot all day...starting in the morning with largies and pickeral coming on big shad colored spinner baits, topwater poppers, senkos, pink zooms, and weedless spoons....the finesse worm bite was slow. Skies were somewhat cloudy and the wind was nonstop. The bass and pickeral were unleashing an all out assault on my spinnerbaits. Most of the pickeral we caught were on the small side, but they are fun as hell and determined to kill anything that crosses their path. They are pretty bad *** for their size.
IMG_2144.jpg

IMG_2143.jpg

As the sun came out and we meandered throught the weeds, the bite slowed on the larger spinnerbaits and buzzbaits. After a turkey sandwich, I made the decision to switch up baits. The wind was still blowing so for me wind+shallow water=spinnerbait. I switched to a
smaller profile bait and the action was on again. Almost immediately...
IMG_2151.jpg

We moved through a big section of standing timber and picked off a few more on the downsized spinnerbug. Then we made our way into slightly deeper weed filled water (deep water for this lake is anything more than 3'...we were in about 4'...pretty deep). Determined to catch fish the way I know best, I picked my finesse rod and switched softplastics to something with a little more action. I was onto something. Within a few casts I was tangling with the biggest bass of the day. Not huge, but in the 3lb class...
IMG_2153.jpg

IMG_2152.jpg

I tempted a bunch more on my finesse methods as we made the long long long motor back to the truck. All told, we probably caught about 40 bass between us and god knows how many pickeral. We went home tired and hungry.
DAY 2: "Lake B"
After some pork chops, beers, a couple hours of sleep, and a few more gallons of coffee, we were ready to fish again. Sunday was colder and a little damp from the rain the night before...but at least it was calm with only light winds. Lake B was slightly less weedy than Lake A with more scattered lilly pads and some nice rock structure. The bite was hot in the morning with fish coming on a jerkbaits, senkos, and various other softplastics. Bright eyed, bushy tailed, and doped up on allergy meds....
IMG_2154.jpg

My brother in law figured out a hot tube pattern...
IMG_2155.jpg

We banged a few more on finesse worms, tubes, and spinnerbaits...I was back on the NE extention by 2. Overall, a good weekend with many fish caught and pretty non stop action. Bass thumb has ensued.

ESQ, we used my brother in laws Pelican Gator. If we were in the Crawdad we would have caugt twice as many!...not really.

Also, both pickeral and bass were caught on some of the baits poured by damnpeoples and JDbaits. Thanks guys!