portable fishfinder???

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rancocasrich

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a portable fishfinder? I want to use on on my 12' jon boat and then also use it on my 14 footer.

For something nice and easy, the hummingbird fishing buddy. It will be for user friendly than other portable units.

I have a portable Eagle FishMark 320. Excellent unit I highly recommend it. Also, Cabelas sells portable versions of a lot of fish finders that aren't usually portable you should check them out too.

This may sound odd but work great for me.
I had a Hummingbird 565.
I purchased a small plastic container from Walmart. It was the type the has 4 lock tabs but I am sure any that locks tight will work.
My power source was a battery from an old UPS Power surge protector. 12v 7 amp hour like this https://images.cabelas.com/is/image/cabelas/s7_229679_imageset_01?$main-Large$
s7_229679_imageset_01
. House alarm battery works too.
I used some packing egg crate foam to wrap battery.

Drilled a small hole in the top of the container. Ran my power wire through the hole. Sealed it with clear silicon. Put battery in container. Mounted the transducer with suction cup or laid in boat flat with heavy object on it.
No matter if I was in my small boat, jon boat or canoe I could take it with me. It would stand with out any problems due to the batter in the contaner. I used a standard charger 12v to recharger it when needed. Cabela's and Walmart sell chargers too. For me this was a simple solution and no 50lb batter to lug around.

Latest posts