Prop ?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1648grizz

Reaction score
I have a 1992 Force 70 HP and want to know what prop is on it. The number on the side is (DM 21824)
I did a search on this number with no results.

My go to place for parts is marineengine.com

Don't put alot of effort into that Force motor if its not running.. they are hard to get parts for and are not very reliable.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

1648grizz said:
I have a 1992 Force 70 HP and want to know what prop is on it. The number on the side is (DM 21824)

Youre going to want to look on the prop inner hub near the prop nut as most are stamped there.

Some Evinrude props are stamped on the outer hub between the blades but what you have looks like a MFG part number.

GYPSY400 said:

Don't put alot of effort into that Force motor if its not running.. they are hard to get parts for and are not very reliable.

It was a free boat, I took it for the trailer. It has been sitting for 15 years though it fired right up and runs great. Yes not the best outboard but many folks have had good luck with them.

Attachments

• 20201127_161606 (2)--;[.jpg
    20201127_161606 (2)--;[.jpg
    599.7 KB · Views: 150
RaisedByWolves said:
1648grizz said:

Youre going to want to look on the prop inner hub near the prop nut as most are stamped there.

Some Evinrude props are stamped on the outer hub between the blades but what you have looks like a MFG part number.

Yes I looked though don't see it anywhere.

1648grizz said:
GYPSY400 said:

It was a free boat, I took it for the trailer. It has been sitting for 15 years though it fired right up and runs great. Yes not the best outboard but many folks have had good luck with them.
Yeah that looks like a good score considering covid pricing on toys nowadays.

1648grizz said:
RaisedByWolves said:
1648grizz said:

Yes I looked though don't see it anywhere.

Do you have the prop off of the motor?

if it's running its a great time to sell it and repower the boat with something newer/more reliable

Force outboards were junk regardless of whether they were force/chrysler or force/mercury. IF it said force on it, it was JUNK, half the time not even worthy of being called junk.

there is good reason you can't get parts for them because they aren't worth fixing and secondly force was, as mentioned above, bought out by two different companies over the years. Both garbage; although if one was "better" than the other, Mercury.

when they ran, they were ok. And they usually didn't run for long especially the chrysler versions (up to 1986 as I remember). If you look at one of the pistons, you'll probably see why. Detonation prone. Then fuel changed, and again, and again, and again, even more detonation prone, which causes thermal runaway inside the engine and you think it's running absolutely fine until bam, it kicks parts out of the side of the engine and strands you with your false sense of security because you "think it's running fine".

Not even mentioning the mercury version's prop fiasco.

they were commonly installed onto Bayliner boats; part of Brunswick (who also owns Mercury and Mariner). They were inexpensive, meaning they cut some costs and corners to keep costs down, so they could sell a few million of them. Cutting costs=cutting reliability in this case.

I had a 18' bayliner for a while and kinda liked the layout. Powered by Mariner 90hp 3 cylinder, I think it had been repowered at some point. If the transom wasn't rotted out I would have probably repowered it with a newer 4 stroke, cleaned it up and tossed some new seats in it maybe kept it. But nope, wasn't worth fixing knowing the stringers were probably also rotted, lot of work money and time none of which I have much of, and certainly not for an older bayliner that has basically very little value in good condition. I just piled it up out back pulled the motor off and sold the motor/controls/wiring and burnt the hull. Made a big hot and very stinky fire but since nobody wanted it, and the dump won't take them I knew of no other way to get rid of it. I offered a junk haul guy $20 to take it and even he wouldn't come get it.

turbotodd said:
if it's running its a great time to sell it and repower the boat with something newer/more reliable

Force outboards were junk regardless of whether they were force/chrysler or force/mercury. IF it said force on it, it was JUNK, half the time not even worthy of being called junk.

there is good reason you can't get parts for them because they aren't worth fixing and secondly force was, as mentioned above, bought out by two different companies over the years. Both garbage; although if one was "better" than the other, Mercury.

when they ran, they were ok. And they usually didn't run for long especially the chrysler versions (up to 1986 as I remember). If you look at one of the pistons, you'll probably see why. Detonation prone. Then fuel changed, and again, and again, and again, even more detonation prone, which causes thermal runaway inside the engine and you think it's running absolutely fine until bam, it kicks parts out of the side of the engine and strands you with your false sense of security because you "think it's running fine".

Not even mentioning the mercury version's prop fiasco.

they were commonly installed onto Bayliner boats; part of Brunswick (who also owns Mercury and Mariner). They were inexpensive, meaning they cut some costs and corners to keep costs down, so they could sell a few million of them. Cutting costs=cutting reliability in this case.

I had a 18' bayliner for a while and kinda liked the layout. Powered by Mariner 90hp 3 cylinder, I think it had been repowered at some point. If the transom wasn't rotted out I would have probably repowered it with a newer 4 stroke, cleaned it up and tossed some new seats in it maybe kept it. But nope, wasn't worth fixing knowing the stringers were probably also rotted, lot of work money and time none of which I have much of, and certainly not for an older bayliner that has basically very little value in good condition. I just piled it up out back pulled the motor off and sold the motor/controls/wiring and burnt the hull. Made a big hot and very stinky fire but since nobody wanted it, and the dump won't take them I knew of no other way to get rid of it. I offered a junk haul guy $20 to take it and even he wouldn't come get it.
Not even worthy of being called junk lol, It's funny that most folks that say there junk never owned one, while many folks that have owned one say they never had any issues.

Latest posts