Replaced my battery switch

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KRS62

Reaction score
While installing my Bluewater LED kit, my accessory battery switch broke on me. (The previous owner of the boat installed 2 of the BEP ones (first pic) on top of the battery box.) I never really cared for it any way as the removable knob was a pain.

I picked up a Blue Sea one from West Marine and put it in the electrical box that the previous owner had already installed. It's pretty nice switch and seems rugged. Anyway, I put it on the cover of the electrical box and it came out looking really nice. I can also access it w/o opening up the back hatch. Simple little project, but thought I would add it here.

KRS

Attachments

• Melbourne-20110808-00072.jpg
    Melbourne-20110808-00072.jpg
    504.4 KB · Views: 369
  • IMG-20110808-00071.jpg
    IMG-20110808-00071.jpg
    557.6 KB · Views: 369
  • IMG-20110808-00070.jpg
    IMG-20110808-00070.jpg
    619.7 KB · Views: 369
  • bep.jpg
    bep.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 369
BaitCaster said:
Is that just a master switch that controls power to everything in the boat?

This switch shuts off power to everything but the motor. I have never really felt the need for something like this in my previous boat, but I must say it's a little nice when working on the boat/console area. You can quickly and easily shut off power to everything....work on it.....and then turn on a switch to power it back up. (Yes it is also very easy to undo a wing nut and disconnect a battery cable!)

I have considered adding one for the motor as well. Last year, my motor burned up and fried most of the electrical system.

The switch I replaced had a removable knob...I guess for security purposes. Nice if your motor is not controlled by a key. It was a pain though and never stayed on the switch.

Latest posts