Rocker switch cover

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KevinWI

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Looking for the best options for a protective cover for my rocker selwitch panel from getting accidentally turned on.

Seems this spot is my dog's favorite place to hang out and constantly turns on my LED or flood lights.
Never gave it a thought b4 it happened.

Without seeing your layout I'd suggest that you get a radio cover, one of those type that you pull out and then flips down to cover the face plate. Might work for you.

Dale gave you a great link!
Here is another version from the same page. I have these on my center console, and they work well. No more accidentally turning stuff on when walking by.

https://www.datapro.net/products/aluminum-toggle-switch-guards-1in.html
ZZ-G-100-ALU_2_large.jpg

As you can see, you put them vertically between the switches. I think the one Dale sent was the bigger version, more suitable for rocker switches, but the function is the same. They keep the switches from getting hit by accident.

I like the plastic cover idea personally.. Some type of tray deep enough to cover the switches with a hinge on the top edge so gravity keeps the cover over the switches...even small individual covers for each switch...they make glue on hinges or the two sided sticky tape if you don't want extra holes. My dog would get her feet between those little bars !!

Sweeeet... thinking outside the ... BOAT... and gives me a idea.. I gotta walk thru the big box store and see if I can find a water proof one that my PHONE fits in...
Yes...I carry a small waterproof box left over from my kayak days, my wallet, phone, car keys and it has a safety strap to attach if needed. If running hard or in rough seas, it is attached, but when things are easy it sits right in front of my face on top of my steering console....easy reach !!

Latest posts