Smackdaddy's "Pole Dancer" 1652 Polar Kraft flush deck jet b

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got her broken in today, getting a few hrs shut eye and going gigging at 2am. Planning on fishing in the morning, coming home to rest then heading out tomorrow evening for a little poling and gigging after dark.

32mph yesterday, need to adjust carbs and timing, drain/refill lower unit oil and clean plugs today. I am at about 9 hours of break in so far. I am kicking around the idea of modifying the tunnel to work better with my prop unit since it was originally a jet tunnel. It still jumps up on plane in a boat length in 14" but I want a little shallower hole shot for the Texas flats.

Looking great Smack. Got to thinking about this and came back to check on the build. My Layton Bay build just got started....

https://www.thehulltruth.com/boating-forum/627332-new-build-2015-layton-bay-11-6-new-photos-fuel-cell.html

Badbagger said:
Looking great Smack. Got to thinking about this and came back to check on the build. My Layton Bay build just got started....

https://www.thehulltruth.com/boating-forum/627332-new-build-2015-layton-bay-11-6-new-photos-fuel-cell.html
Bad, that is a sweet boat so far! I can't wait to see it all come together! Looks like a tank.

Thanks Smack and it is. These folks build some great boats. Doug, the owner told me Thursday night that he's getting ready to start a 54' Sportfish for a customer in a couple of weeks and it can be all yours for a cool $2.3 mil plus options and you may come up at under $3 mil if you are lucky LOL. Man I'd have to work my azz off for that. Shoot, busted my butt for 6 months on this build so I don't have to sweat boat payments and I don't like those [-X

HRalston said:
Any more updates Smack?
I am about to fabricate a removeable aluminum overhead kayak rack so I can mothership kayaks to areas that are virtually unreachable by any other means. I will add more as I go.

Latest posts