Spring replacement

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deerslayer

Reaction score
I am replacing the springs and mounts on my trailer, as i am hanging the springs last night I beging wondering if I need to tighten the bolts that go through the spring tight to the spring, or just tight to the spring mount. If I tighten them up completely it will bend the mount just a little and snug up against the spring. Can anyone enlighten me on how tight they should be?

First you need to be using nylock nuts. Then you tighten the nut and bolt until it touches the spring mounts.

roadkill636 said:
that center bolt is caled the alignment pin. it keeps the springs from moving arround on the spring perch, TIGHTEN it up tight before you tighten the U bolts
I'm thinking he is talking about the big bolt that hangs the spring to the trailer.

oh yeah.... my mistake,,, your talking about the spring hanger bolt,,, the one that gos thru the hanger then the spring then out the other side of the hanger,,,,, ya thats it... NO dont tighten them down, just leave a slight gap between the spring hanger and the spring so that it can move freely

thanks for the help guys, I ended up having to get different springs anyway, got everything mounted up and I'm good to go now, thanks!

Latest posts