Stainless steel bolts

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sgt tee

Reaction score
I am looking for a self tapping bolt head type in Stainless steel, must be 1-1/2 in. long. I dont know what number to use, This will screw down my 3/4 plywood to the top curl on my bow section. I went to Lowes today but did not see them and of course when you need someone, nobodys around, My saciatia was acting up so bad I would of probably flipped out on someone any ways, pain is that bad, now I figure just buy them on line, There is a Fastenal by us, maybe I should just go there

Do you have ace hardware by you? Ace owners usually contract with Hillman Fasteners and if they don't have the one in stock are cool about special ordering in my experience. i worked there thru college and spent so much time in the corner of that place trying to keep the nuts and bolts sorted it's all embeded in my brain!

https://wedo.hillmangroup.com/viewitems/stainless-steel/self-drilling-sheet-metal-screws?

If not, call that 800# at the top, they were always helpful people at that company.

if i remember right a #12 gives you a much better threading than an 8 or 10

I've used regular SS wood screws on my mods where I can't access to use nut's and bolts, drilling holes through whatever and the boat, about the diameter of the center of the screws and then screwing them in and it has worked well so far. I use the smallest I think will work in hope that if one pops out, I can just screw a larger one in the same hole and make it tight again. SS Phillips type tapered heads and SS finish washers make a nice smooth top on the fastners, or flat washers under flat headed screws and they hold tightly. I found 2" at least at Home Depot I beleive,( screwed 2x4s to the boat ) but for 3/4 plywood 1" would probly do. I've had sciatica for several years and it was very debilitating, I finally got relief from 3 epidural streriod injections in the problem disc. I hope you find some relief somehow, it is awfull.

Try Mcmaster-Carr they have everything under the sun. Not always the cheapest but they will have it. We use them at work all the time when we need something we cant get locally.