Stereo System in jon boat...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

airdawg11

Reaction score
I am thinking about putting a cd player in my jon boat with two small speakers. I kind of have an idea where to mount the speakers and cd player. I was wondering if anyone has done this in their boats. I cant find any pictures or any threads about it. Any ideas/pictures anyone has would be awesome. By the way if anyone is thinking about doing it, you can get marine cd player/speaker combos starting at $79 on basspro or amazon. Just need a water proof mounting cover which runs about $16-30 and should set about anyone, other than speaker wire and power wires.

Thanks

I built mine up front in the trolling motor mounting board.

Attachments

• 100_0742.JPG
    100_0742.JPG
    208 KB · Views: 6,353
now how long will a stereo last on a 12v car battery played at a reasonably low volume?

Take the amp/hour of your battery and compare it to what your sterio draws.

There is a math formula if you want to get really specific with it

nick4203 said:
now how long will a stereo last on a 12v car battery played at a reasonably low volume?
I use my stereo all day long and have never ran the battery dead.

Is your heart set on a CD player? My dad sent me his Shark audio rig that he ended up not liking on his Harley. It will link to an Iphone/Mp3 player, it has an FM radio, and also takes USB and SD Flash drives. It's got a remote too!

The sound is decent, and it's not too expensive:
https://www.sharkmotorcycleaudio.com

The last page of my build has pics!

Vermonster said:
Is your heart set on a CD player? My dad sent me his Shark audio rig that he ended up not liking on his Harley. It will link to an Iphone/Mp3 player, it has an FM radio, and also takes USB and SD Flash drives. It's got a remote too!

The sound is decent, and it's not too expensive:
https://www.sharkmotorcycleaudio.com

The last page of my build has pics!
Amen. CD's are just more stuff you have to mess with. And you probably have your smart phone, iPod, etc. with you already.

Ipod or mps is the only way to go . All you will need to mount is the speakers . Even if they are considered waterproof they aren't . This will sound funny , we used to wrap a double layer of womens panty hose over the speaker and tywrap them back .We then sprayed a light coating of campdry on the panty hose. then mount them in place , and put the cover back on.

Anyone done satellite radio. Got it in my last couple of vehicles and really like it. I know they used to make a kit for portable use.

johnnybassboat said:
Anyone done satellite radio. Got it in my last couple of vehicles and really like it. I know they used to make a kit for portable use.

I have a portable satellite radio...but I'll be fricked if I can find a cigarette lighter adapter for it. lol they don't make one for my model I can run it off of D batteries, but they wear out fast. It's a great unit otherwise...I want to bring it on the boat,but haven't yet.

I'll be installing this in my boat. Compact, but only plays mp3/iphone/android devices. But that's all I use anyway.

https://www.amazon.com/Pyle-PLMRKT2A-2-Channel-Waterproof-Amplified/dp/B003GSLDUO/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1363187192&sr=1-1&keywords=pyle+2+channel+waterproof+mp3

Latest posts