Stern running light mount?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bad Wolf

Reaction score
I’m going to add running lights as part of my rebuild. 14’ Sylvan V bottom
The front nav lights are no problem but I’m having trouble with the stern one.
I don’t want a permanent pole sticking up and I don’t want the fold down either. I doubt I use it very much just want to have it in case I get caught out late.
The “socket” style that I’ve seen requires a great big hole to be drilled so the socket will be below the surface. Problem is I don’t have that much space at the corners or gunnels.
What are most folks doing?

Thanks

You could get a clamp on battery operated light.

Or get a clamp on 12V light with wires and alligator clips to hook up to a battery in a pinch.

The anchor light, typically on stern, does not have to be on the stern. It needs to be white, visible 360 deg and at a high spot. So you can mount that almost anywhere, a consideration though is that it also needs to be on when underway so you do want the white light to be behind you so it does not "blind you".
The lights on my boat were already installed when I bought it used although broken and corroded so I improvised with my own connectors and I was able to reuse the mounts.
Tim

Make sure it is tall as well mine is blinds me from behind at night I need to find one about 3 more foot tall to keep the light out of my eyes

i put mine on the motor, link below in my signature

the clamp on LED ones are good too though if you aren't using it much, i just got tired of batteries so i wired one up. the battery ones rust out in a year or so too if they ever get a saltwater bath, which always seemed to happen to mine

I found this mount/socket on ebay. It mount on the transom.

Attachments

• IMG_5584.JPG
    IMG_5584.JPG
    450.3 KB · Views: 471
  • IMG_5593.JPG
    IMG_5593.JPG
    366.6 KB · Views: 471
  • IMG_5594.JPG
    IMG_5594.JPG
    355.7 KB · Views: 471
I mounted mine on the corner brace for the transom the mounting hole is 1 3/8 if you have a harbor freight get a the uni bit se t for 20 bucks goes right through then just mount the light on pole clips when not use

Attachments

• image(12).jpeg
    image(12).jpeg
    151.5 KB · Views: 465
  • image(10).jpeg
    image(10).jpeg
    113.2 KB · Views: 465
lckstckn2smknbrls said:

I have been Looking for something like this to mount one one my boat you got a link for the seller.

harleydoc said:
lckstckn2smknbrls said:

I have been Looking for something like this to mount one one my boat you got a link for the seller.
Sorry no, I bought it several years back.

Latest posts