TinBoats Twitter - Random posts

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome Gif! :LOL2:

f_celeb.gif

That caption should read........

Welcome to Texas, where you can run, but not outrun.
Where if you commit a murder, you will be executed.
And if you appeal, well were building an expressway to the chair for those of you proven guilty. Enjoy your stay. :lol:

S&MFISH said:
Heat-Rain-Heat-Rain-Heat-Rain.It's nothing but a revolving door around here.Wish it would stop!
The brightside is fishing Sunday at CouncilBluff.Hope it's not TOO hot.

Hey Steve.....I might see you there. Trying to decide if I want to fish CB or drive down to Clearwater Lake.

Nice Ride!

I'm so stoked, I got a certified letter in the mail yesterday. Now I can only think of 2 reasons to receive certified mail - 1. I am being sued by someone or 2. I hae won the Humminbird VanDamMy boat contest.

I'm hoping for the second option.

:LOL2:

wasilvers said:
Nice Ride!

I'm so stoked, I got a certified letter in the mail yesterday. Now I can only think of 2 reasons to receive certified mail - 1. I am being sued by someone or 2. I hae won the Humminbird VanDamMy boat contest.

wasilvers said:
Nice Ride!

Certified letter was.......

For my kid?!?!?! - only my mom would send a letter to a 9 year old certified mail. I don't think she trusts the post office :LOL2:

:[/quote] Certified letter was.......

For my kid?!?!?! - only my mom would send a letter to a 9 year old certified mail. I don't think she trusts the post office :LOL2:[/quote]

Ooohh....that IS exciting news. That means that I might win the Humminbird VanDamMy boat contest. :LOL2:

Thought I'd get ready for the tinboats tourny in a couple of weeks. Since the lake is <10hp only, I pulled the old 3.5 hp out of the back of the garage. This hasn't been started since I lived in Texas - maybe 7 years ago?. It was my dad's and I got it when he passed away. The carb was all gummed up. A little cleaner and some scrubbing had this good as new. Had to adjust the float, for some reason it didn't seem right. While spinning the prop, I thought I heard gears moving... I went to drain the fluid... there was none - not one drop. It doesn't look like it was leaking, but who knows - maybe it was drained?

Anyway, remember to watch what you are doing. I was trying to put fluid in the lower unit and it wasn't going in. Turns out I had a tube of marine lubricant, not gear oil, DOH. I saw 'marine" and just went on my merry way. Another trip to the store for gear lube.

End of the story, motor wouldn't start. I have some electric, and the carb is clean. I guess I have to go into the heart a little bit to clean the "reeds" just past the carb. Don't know why I didn't do that earlier.
Anyway, had to clean the whole garage to get to work on the motor. A whole day shot without any payoff. Grrrrr :(

Got the motor running today. Cleaned the points and redid the spark plug connection. Ran great this afternoon!

My wife keeps telling me how ugly it is. :mrgreen:

https://www.silversstars.com/forumposts/2010-08-08eskaB.jpg

wasilvers said:
Got the motor running today. Cleaned the points and redid the spark plug connection. Ran great this afternoon!

My wife keeps telling me how ugly it is. :mrgreen:

https://www.silversstars.com/forumposts/2010-08-08eskaB.jpg
8) Looks like your wife is right......but, that's just my opinion.........
:beer:

I just ate an Orange and it had a little sticker on like Bananas do.

South Africa - Large Naval #4012

Never knew they grew oranges in South Africa. Wouldn't it be easier to get them from Florida?

Hiding in my office with a big pinch of copenhagen, identifying mosquitoes because of the west nile scare this week. I hate microscopes. Life sucks, counting down til 1600 to start leave. whoop whoop early weekend.....about to don my plaid...

I'm entering a 3 hour fishing tournament with my pastor tomorrow evening. We have never fished together. I've fished the lake about 3-4 hours total, so I have only a few places to try. I'm hoping to connect with just a few fish that measure so we don't get skunked!

Yeah, getting more nervous as the night goes on...