To be named... 1436

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive been out prepping for JB. Found a crack that I did not know about. JB will fix it up pretty good though.

I happened to come accross the plate that was by the right transom cap. Can someone point me in the direction where I could look these number/letters to find out what make it is.

Attachments

• IMG_0771.JPG
    IMG_0771.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 1,453
  • IMG_0774.JPG
    IMG_0774.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 1,453
  • IMG_0769.JPG
    IMG_0769.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 1,453
I saw you were thinking about what to do about a livewell. I stumbled upon this one day at walmart and I was wondering if this would interest you. I do not own one nor have I ever seen one being used in person, but it seems to be able to play many roles: fill/empty & aerate live well, wash down boat, bilge pump. I have considered buying it many times but haven't just because I do not really need a live well, however the wash down & bilge would be nice.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Super-Saver-12V-Livewell-Kit/16503166
Super Saver 12V Livewell Kit:

12V aeration and pump system
Fills, aerates and empties any livewell from the water supply
Adjusts to any size of insulated chest, livewell or container
Produces 99.5-percent saturation of dissolved oxygen
Spray bar mounts with suction cups
Fits both round and rectangular livewells
Can be used for wash down or as an emergency bilge pump
Aerates 20-25 gallons of water
Works with fresh and salt water
Kit includes: 500gph pump, suction cups, 10' copper battery clip cord, 2 aeration spray heads, mounting brackets. 5.5' flexible tubing, fish foam filter, stainless steel screws and suction cups for mounting

JRyno10 said:
I saw you were thinking about what to do about a livewell. I stumbled upon this one day at walmart and I was wondering if this would interest you. I do not own one nor have I ever seen one being used in person, but it seems to be able to play many roles: fill/empty & aerate live well, wash down boat, bilge pump. I have considered buying it many times but haven't just because I do not really need a live well, however the wash down & bilge would be nice.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Super-Saver-12V-Livewell-Kit/16503166
Super Saver 12V Livewell Kit:

12V aeration and pump system
Fills, aerates and empties any livewell from the water supply
Adjusts to any size of insulated chest, livewell or container
Produces 99.5-percent saturation of dissolved oxygen
Spray bar mounts with suction cups
Fits both round and rectangular livewells
Can be used for wash down or as an emergency bilge pump
Aerates 20-25 gallons of water
Works with fresh and salt water
Kit includes: 500gph pump, suction cups, 10' copper battery clip cord, 2 aeration spray heads, mounting brackets. 5.5' flexible tubing, fish foam filter, stainless steel screws and suction cups for mounting

Thanks! I may have to look into it.

Ok well ive changed my mind again. Just like I know i will do many more times. Ive decided that I am not going to spend all of the time and money to do the livewell cause Im gonna sell the boat not to long after I am done with it. Ive decided that I want a 16ft allweld. 8) So im going to just go back to the original plan and fill it with foam.

Ive been out wirewheeling all of the flakey spots off/scuffing it up some. Heres what I picked up at Lowes. I went ahead and primed and painted the bow eye. The paint matches pretty good! :D

Ive had the can pistol grip for awhile. It is DEFINATLY worth the money.

Attachments

• Paint and Primer.JPG
    Paint and Primer.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,428
  • Spray can holder.JPG
    Spray can holder.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,428
Got some JB weld done...

Attachments

• IMG_0793.JPG
    IMG_0793.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 1,425
  • IMG_0791.JPG
    IMG_0791.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 1,425
  • IMG_0788.JPG
    IMG_0788.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 1,425
  • IMG_0787.JPG
    IMG_0787.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 1,425
  • IMG_0783.JPG
    IMG_0783.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 1,425
Great idea on the additional foam! I can snag sheets from work.

On the subject of the boat's name....taking your username into consideration.....gots to be Blaze of Glory!!!!

mallenmanson said:
Great idea on the additional foam! I can snag sheets from work.

On the subject of the boat's name....taking your username into consideration.....gots to be Blaze of Glory!!!!
Thanks! I'm just not the best person at comin up with names. I'll adventually get one though

theyyounggun said:
Thanks. I hope my work turns out half as good as yours

wow... thank you!!! i learned last night that you cant rush it! lol... i had to throw away a whole sheet of plywood cause my first cuts for the front deck were WAY off! lol... measure, measure, and measure again! :) your on the right path! i cant wait to see how it turns out!

theyyounggun said:
Ive been out wirewheeling all of the flakey spots off/scuffing it up some. Heres what I picked up at Lowes. I went ahead and primed and painted the bow eye. The paint matches pretty good! :D

Thats exactly what I used on my boat. Make sure you wear a good respirator when using that self etching primer. I didnt #-o

Definitely go with the high density styrofoam. If water gets in the boat the pink stuff will absorb the water and become waterlogged. Even though the HD can get water logged if left under water. example leaving plug in while boat is sitting outside in a rain storm. The HD will release water and dry out faster.
If you remember back in the day, most floating boat houses, duck blinds had the HD foam under them. Even the some metal pontoons where filled with the HD foam.

Carpet: I agree, Lowes and Home Depot has a great selection of outdoor carpet. I prefer the Gray color due to the fact that when it fades it still looks good vs a dark color like blue or reds.

Just my thoughts

Team Cornmeal said:
Definitely go with the high density styrofoam. If water gets in the boat the pink stuff will absorb the water and become waterlogged. Even though the HD can get water logged if left under water. example leaving plug in while boat is sitting outside in a rain storm. The HD will release water and dry out faster.
If you remember back in the day, most floating boat houses, duck blinds had the HD foam under them. Even the some metal pontoons where filled with the HD foam.

Carpet: I agree, Lowes and Home Depot has a great selection of outdoor carpet. I prefer the Gray color due to the fact that when it fades it still looks good vs a dark color like blue or reds.

Just my thoughts

Conrmeal is right about the home depot selection on carpet. I just ordered mine from there.

Nice bass cornmeal!!!

trueblue1970 said:
theyyounggun said:

Thats exactly what I used on my boat. Make sure you wear a good respirator when using that self etching primer. I didnt #-o
Aww yes thank you

Team Cornmeal said:

Just my thoughts
Thank you. I had though that I saw it on another thread.