To be named... 1436

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FINALLY got the transom out. There were some of those little raskals that wouldnt drive out.

Got the new transom cut and glued. 2 .5 peices of ply. I picked up the hardware to put it back in to. But I have to paint and everyting before that.

When I was looking at the spray on bed liner tonight I found this. Its almost half the price and it says one of the uses is trailers. Im gonna try it. It looks like it will work good.

Attachments

• Trailer Paint.JPG
    Trailer Paint.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,701
  • New Transom.JPG
    New Transom.JPG
    93.6 KB · Views: 1,701
  • New Transom 1.JPG
    New Transom 1.JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 1,701
I would paint the boat and trailer if it would stop raining! Do you spar everything or should I do just the front side so it can breath?

I thought about puttiing this in a tin as soon as I saw it. I thought it would work pretty good to be built into a deck. $18

Attachments

• cooler.JPG
    cooler.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 1,669
You want to make sure that you coat both sides and all the edges with a few coats of spar urethane to be sure that it doesn't absorb any water. Also, I'd reccommend hitting the bolts with some 5200 when you attach the new transom to seal them as well. Seal it up good and it'll last you quite a while!

DVeasey said:
You want to make sure that you coat both sides and all the edges with a few coats of spar urethane to be sure that it doesn't absorb any water. Also, I'd reccommend hitting the bolts with some 5200 when you attach the new transom to seal them as well. Seal it up good and it'll last you quite a while!
That's my plan. Thanks

Hey dude, that undercoating stuff is GREAT! At undercoating! I use it on all my trailers, except the one I have now because it is in the shop, but it will be undercoated when I get it back.

don't think I would use it on the transom. The reason is because it will, as I remembe it, always be slightly tacky. It is designed to be that way. It is designed to repell water and salt from the underside of cars. When I say salt, I mean the kind they put down when it snows. It is different than an spray on bed liner product which is supposed to dry completely.

If you do use it, please let us all know how it goes and whether it is still the tacky type of formula I remember or if it dries completely.

If you use the bed liner stuff, let us know about that as well.

Good Luck, man!

Talons

Talons said:
Hey dude, that undercoating stuff is GREAT! At undercoating! I use it on all my trailers, except the one I have now because it is in the shop, but it will be undercoated when I get it back.

don't think I would use it on the transom. The reason is because it will, as I remembe it, always be slightly tacky. It is designed to be that way. It is designed to repell water and salt from the underside of cars. When I say salt, I mean the kind they put down when it snows. It is different than an spray on bed liner product which is supposed to dry completely.

If you do use it, please let us all know how it goes and whether it is still the tacky type of formula I remember or if it dries completely.

If you use the bed liner stuff, let us know about that as well.

Good Luck, man!
Thanks! Ive been fishin this weekend. Havent got a chance to work on it. But hopefully I can Monday!

(P.S. I wasnt going to use it for my transom) but thanks for the advice!
Talons

Lucky *******!

I have to clean out the shed and the garage! But, I am happy doing that because it will give me some work space! :)

Talons

When I got home from a weekend at the lake I sprayed on the can of the coating but it got dark. From what I could tell with the light I liked it. Im going to get 2 more cans tommorow. I also took apart the winch tonight im gonna repaint it. And tommorow I am hopefully going to get the boat primed.

Do small bass (8 inches) usally have sharp teeth? I caught the smallest that I ever have yesterday and that thing tore up my finger! I drew blood...

CRAP!!! I went and picked up some more spray at walmart. But this time I got the professional strength. It comes out splochy and drips over eveything I was working good but then it started spraying bubbles. I am going to have to sand it all down and then I am going to get more of the normal stuff. :evil:

Well it actually came out pretty good. I wire wheeled it, sanded with 100 grit sand paper and then painted with krylon satin black. It came out ok. Now I need to do the bunks, lights, and register it.
In some spots it looks like I didnt paint it in the pics but it is painted. It was just weird lighting.

Attachments

• IMG_0924.JPG
    IMG_0924.JPG
    86.8 KB · Views: 1,015
  • IMG_0925.JPG
    IMG_0925.JPG
    154.7 KB · Views: 1,015
  • IMG_0926.JPG
    IMG_0926.JPG
    92.4 KB · Views: 1,015
  • IMG_0927.JPG
    IMG_0927.JPG
    88 KB · Views: 1,015
  • IMG_0928.JPG
    IMG_0928.JPG
    88 KB · Views: 1,015
Nice boat boat project. If you're gonna sell the boat you could skip decking the boat and just put a floor in it. I've got a G3 1436 that has carpeted flooring and it's great. A lot easier to do and replace. You can look at some pics of it in the gallery. If you want better pics let me know I'll take more.

Thanks. I'm gonna be keeping the boat for a little while. And plus I
Want a bit of practice at it. :)

(p.s. that profile pic looks a little familier! 8) )

Well tonight I went and picked up

x2 2x4x10
x1 2x2x8
x10 5/16" carriage bolts
x10 5/16"x18 nuts

I got started on painting the winch.

Latest posts