To be named... 1436

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finnally got my bunks covered! :D And the boat is on the trailer. Got a coat of sealer on the transom. I was given a free Minn Kota(older model) that runs out of the water but shorts out when in the water. So I am going to try and craigslist it and put it towards a new one. Im just going to get the boat done for maybe a lil duck hunting in the late season.

That trailer is lookin sick man! Nice job, can't wait till I get the chance to do the same to mine!

Finnally gettin some free time! 2 coats on the transom. about to carpet the benches.

Attachments

• DSC_0458.JPG
    DSC_0458.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 977
  • DSC_0460.JPG
    DSC_0460.JPG
    140.7 KB · Views: 977
Got my tires off finnally. Its amazing what a ratchet strap, wd-40, craftsmen tools, cheater pipe and a little elbow grease can do :)

Did the bow stop. Not the pretiest but it will work!

Attachments

• DSC_0473.JPG
    DSC_0473.JPG
    98 KB · Views: 959
  • DSC_0475.JPG
    DSC_0475.JPG
    112 KB · Views: 959
I finished the trailer and it worked great. I took it to lowes and to try it out and get some hardware. It worked great. I pulled into the driveway. It worked great. I ate dinner. It worked great. I crimped two of the wires. Now when you hit either one of the blinkers they both flash like hazard lights. When I hit the hazards nothing happened. Breaks and headlights work. Anybody else had this problem/know what wrong?

The transom is in... it has 4 coats of spar on each side... I have to go buy some more SS hardware and some 5200. But saturday im gonna take it to the lake and paddle around!

That sucker is lookin like time to do some bass huntin! Especially that trailer bud, wish mine was as clean as that!

Gators5220 said:
That sucker is lookin like time to do some bass huntin! Especially that trailer bud, wish mine was as clean as that!
Thanks!Last night i screwed down my back bench cover and got the carpet semi cut. My goal for today is to go pick up some 5200 and carpet glue and start getting this transom done. Iam still on track to go paddle around on saturday. And in the mean time I am working on that hole in the front bench. I have decided to build a small front deck. That way I can have a small casting platform but some storage as well. I will put a hatch in it to keep batterys and life jackets, anchor, etc...

Shopping List:
carpet glue
SS hardware
carpet

I had to go to Walmart for some milk. So acourse I had to go to the fishing/hunting/boating section to make sure I wasnt missing anydeals. Well I wasnt but I did get 2 6.5 inch cleats. I got the transom saver marked out on the plywood. Going to cut it out tommorow and get it sparred up.

The rear bench is completly glued, and the front only has the top done. Cleats are in as well. Pics to come tonight when I take the bracing off. Hopefully Ill get started on the deck tommorow. May try to make a trip to get SS hardware tonight.

BTW, that carpet glue will clear you sinuses up!

Ran out of carpet adhesive. Going to pick some more up tommorow. Hopefully going to start 5200 tommorow. Going to try and start the framing for the front deck as well.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    682.1 KB · Views: 1,210
  • transom.JPG
    transom.JPG
    689.3 KB · Views: 1,210
Didnt get as much time as I hoped to get today but I got the deck mostly built just gotta get the deck cut. I love the storage bins. After a little bit of tricky table/mighter saw cuts I was able to cut grooves. I can pull out the bins to put things under I dont need as much. Rope,first aid kit, and probably a extra rod/reel. I can fit 4 plano's in each one plus some little tools on each side.

Attachments

• Deck Supports.JPG
    Deck Supports.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,188
SS hinges, trolling motor, and hatch pulls should be here christmas eve. Ive started working on the template for the deck.

looking good bud... one thing about the first aid kit under the bins - I tried that once... slit my finger on something then bled like a pig all over my tackle to get to the bandaids underneath the bins... put some bandaids in a zip lock and treat it like tackle - you'll have less to clean up later :D

russ010 said:
looking good bud... one thing about the first aid kit under the bins - I tried that once... slit my finger on something then bled like a pig all over my tackle to get to the bandaids underneath the bins... put some bandaids in a zip lock and treat it like tackle - you'll have less to clean up later :D
Thanks! I'm glad you said that! I'm lovin your build

Latest posts