To be named... 1436

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
theyyounggun said:
Well tonight I went and picked up

x2 2x4x10
x1 2x2x8
x10 5/16" carriage bolts
x10 5/16"x18 nuts

I got started on painting the winch.
Bunks for the trailer?

No man, I just wanted to confirm what everyone already knew and I wasn't sure. Please don't feel like you an idiot, because you are not. Just look at the work you did. Not everyone can do that, man!

So, you gonna carpet them? What color?

Talons

Haha I was joking about the idiot. But I do feel like one again cause I forget to mention in that post that I picked up 10x6 peice of indoor/outdoor grey at lowes.

That should look nice. I know the carpet you are talking about. Right next to the green stuff, which is not as nice.

Talons

Thanks!
Im going to try and bust the lug nuts off and get them cleaned up and paint the rims.
This week in the evenings I am going to finish the trailer up and get the boat primed!

theyyounggun said:
Thanks!
Im going to try and bust the lug nuts off and get them cleaned up and paint the rims.

PB Blaster... or this stuff at Academy called Corrosion X in the little red spray can... If you don't have either one of those - you can always pour Coke (seriously) on them and let it sit for about 5-10 min... that should be just long enough to eat off the rust if that's the problem you're having

russ010 said:
theyyounggun said:
Thanks!

PB Blaster... or this stuff at Academy called Corrosion X in the little red spray can... If you don't have either one of those - you can always pour Coke (seriously) on them and let it sit for about 5-10 min... that should be just long enough to eat off the rust if that's the problem you're having
Thanks. I was going to try the coke. I'll try and remember to do it early tonight.

Repainted the winch. It looks pretty good I think. Sorry for the low quality pic. It was with my Iphone. I got a nail through my shoe but it barely cut me. Its pretty sore though. Im gonna try and get the bunks cut tonight.

Attachments

• Repainted winch.JPG
    Repainted winch.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 973
Blurry but I used two cans of the primer. 1 more should finish it up. Low light and grainy but you get the picture

Attachments

• Primed.JPG
    Primed.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,149
Cool!

When mine gets back, the first thing I am doing is the fuel system, then I am taking the engine off the boat and the boat off the trailer. Unless I go fishing! :lol:

Havent been able to work on the boat in a while... Last night I got the bunks mostly mocked up. I still need to cut the bottom ones. I should be getting the registration back anyday. Im gonna try to order my lights and jack tonight. Just gotta get the bolts subset and covered in carpet

Attachments

• Trailer mocked up.JPG
    Trailer mocked up.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,088
  • trailer mocked.JPG
    trailer mocked.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,088
theyyounggun said:
I was looking and noticed all of the trolling motors say transom mount. Is there a way to make it work on the bow?
Usually. With the Minn Kotas, you usually just have to undo a screw, spin the control head around and put the screw back in, voila, BOW mount!

That's how mine works!

Talons

Thanks I thought I heard of people doing that but wasnt sure. My plan is to buy a endura c2 55 pound and put a extension on the handle and try to find a used bow mount mount. Cause I really like the ease of popping in and out.

Well I finnally got the trailer lights ordered. Ive been way to busy to work on the boat or trailer. And any extra time I have is in the deer woods.

Latest posts