Walleye Joes 14ft Alumacrat project.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put aluminum color rustoleum paint ont the bottom .Not really happy with the finish . It looks good but you can take your finger nail and scatch it. Any ideas what I can put over it . :?:

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 3,644
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 3,644
Ok I bought rustoleum topside marine paint for the side of my boat .the instructions said if your putting it on with a roller to tip it with a brush. I just put the first coat on last night not happy with the resolts :x . Any tips about the tipping anyone :?: :roll:

I finaly got little time to work on the boat this week .Theres just not enough time !! I've got most of the framing done .Kind of flustrated I'll start doing something then I'll change my mind. can't get anything done!! #-o over thinking it :roll: Oh well it will get there . Used all aluminum angle for the frame work. Moveing the live well to the front under the casting deck .By the weekend I should be ready to lay out the decking . Heres a few more pic of what I've got done

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3,618
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 3,618
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    981.4 KB · Views: 3,618
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3,618
Nice work on the framing!! Can you provide some details on the angle you added in the front to support the front deck? That is my next step and I am looking for ideas on the best way to frame the front deck on my V-14.

Thanks

Attachments

• 2013-02-26_21-50-56_983.jpg
    2013-02-26_21-50-56_983.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3,609
Kriseffinger said:
Nice work on the framing!! Can you provide some details on the angle you added in the front to support the front deck? That is my next step and I am looking for ideas on the best way to frame the front deck on my V-14.

Thanks
I used 2 inch angle I just happend to have access to some . Around the bends i cut slots about every 6 inches and then I put the piece on a solid surface and bent it down to match the angle of the boat . I just uaed a hammer . After that you can just bend it around the curve of the boat .I used 3/16 rivets to fasten it .

Finally got the frame work done . Plumbing is ran ,live well is hooked up .This weekend I should have all the decking cut and the hatches made . My goal it to have it ready to go after next weekend . :mrgreen:

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3,584
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    860.7 KB · Views: 3,584
Well I got a lot done Saturday.. Gona try to get the final coat of paint on this week. and hopfully get the carpet installed . Its ubelievable how fast time time went by Saturday . I started working on it at 6:30 in the morning and the next time I looked at my watch it was 5:00 in the afternoon :shock: got to get it done crappie time is soon :mrgreen:

Attachments

• 039.jpg
    039.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3,569
  • 040.jpg
    040.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3,569
I'm gettin closer ! Got all the ply wood cut. I use exterior grade bc plywood Its about $25 a sheet at menards. Coated it with spar polyurathane last .Ready to wrap it all in carpet . I got the carpet from Sportsmans guide the were by far the cheapest .Tonight I'm gona put the final coat of paint on the sides. Hopefully I can get all my wir\ing done this weekend :D Just an update I'll have more pics this weekend

Why are seat parts so expensive !!!!! :shock: [/size

Its getting closer the final coat of paint is on .Got all the plywood sealed with spar polyuerathane I got started on the carpet. my goeal is to have it ready for water after next week end. \:D/

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,657
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    971.1 KB · Views: 1,657
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    914.1 KB · Views: 1,657
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1,657
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    942.6 KB · Views: 1,657
Looking nice! That blue turned out slick. I was thinking black for mine...but the blue is nice too. I will also be doing the full aluminum structure for the deck and floors....more expensive but lighter. Good job so far joe!

jvanhees said:
Looking nice! That blue turned out slick. I was thinking black for mine...but the blue is nice too. I will also be doing the full aluminum structure for the deck and floors....more expensive but lighter. Good job so far joe!
Thanks Buying that spayer was the best thing I did .It made made a big differance

walleyejoe said:
jvanhees said:
Thanks Buying that spayer was the best thing I did .It made made a big differance

How big of a compressor do you run that gun on?

jvanhees said:
walleyejoe said:
jvanhees said:

How big of a compressor do you run that gun on?
I just have a little compressor You have to turn the pressure way down . I don,t remember what the pressure was It tells you in the instruction book . I think it was in between 50 and 60 lbs. The gun was very easy to use . Find something to do a test run first though . And do put the paint on too heavy. I put three light coats on mine

Well I''m makeing progress I have all my wireing done for the most part . Got most of the carpet done .Down to working on the hatches now . Struggeld last night a little .Trying to figure out how much smaller I need to cut the hatches to allow for carpet and hinges. #-o . Don't want em too tight .but you don't want them too lose eather. Finally got flustriated . So drank beer and watched Duck Dynasty Instead :mrgreen: .I'll get back at it tnite . I only have 0ne new pic more to come

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,595
Well it's all starting to come to gather now . I can't believe how many hours I have in this prodject.I pretty happy with the out come .I 'll be putting the trolling motor on and finishing the last bit of wireing this week .Then Satureday it's off to the lake .I can't wait to show my fishin buddys They have know idea I've been doig this :mrgreen:

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,577
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,577
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,577
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg