Walleye Joes 14ft Alumacrat project.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jvanhees said:
turned out nice! Good work joe
Thanks man ...I'm going to put the troling motor and the motor on tnite hitting the water Saturday Its soppose to be 68 here Saturday \:D/

shawnfish said:
walleyejoe said:
New to this site and I'm hooked . Now I have my boat all tore apart. Thanks!!!! :| I noticed alot of people using flex steel on the bottem of there boats . Do really need to do this Is there anything simaler I can get at the local hardware? The paint above the waterline is just faded do I need to sand and prime this or can I just paint over it? Tryin not to break the bank!!!

you can just scuff up the paint a lil and paint right over it...i scuffed up mine then primered and painted but i didnt need to primer i just did to do it....

Well here it is !!!Hit the water for the first time yesterday .I was very happy with everything .I still have a few small things to finish .But its time to fish now . :fishing: This is just like having a brand new boat for the price of a couple of boat payments! :mrgreen: Here a few more pic More will come

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,583
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,583
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,583
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,583
thewalleyehunter said:
Looking sharp! I like your ruler. I was actually at Home Depot eyeing up an aluminum one just like it. 8)
I had that layin around the garage .A little two sided tape on the back and good to go > :mrgreen:

Yessir just turned on in the last week or so.... Some hogs being caught this year too. Picked her up yesterday in the wind storm...8lbs 28" female
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365435419.471008.jpg

jvanhees said:
Yessir just turned on in the last week or so.... Some hogs being caught this year too. Picked her up yesterday in the wind storm...8lbs 28" female
**** that nice!! =D> I wish we had more Walleye water down here Them eyes are hard to beat!!!!

walleyejoe said:
jvanhees said:
**** that nice!! =D> I wish we had more Walleye water down here Them eyes are hard to beat!!!!
Where are you at up there ?

Bring that sexy boat of yours on up and lets go hit the river! I cant wait until mine is done/looks like that....fired up!!!

Walleye Joe,

Thanks to you, I am in the process of re-doing essentially the same boat ('88 Lunker V14 DLX). Was just going to be a relatively simple deck replacement...until I saw your remodel. Pretty sure I hate you right about now.... :D Your boat looks fantastic!

In order not to have to re-invent/engineer the wheel, I'd like to ask you a couple of questions if you don't mind. First, now that you've had it finished for a couple of months, is there anything you wish you'd done differently or any "wish I'd known that when I was building it" things to be aware of? I've gotten mine broken down and am stripping old paint off now. I'm going to go with a similar layout to what you did, but am going to incorporate the original 17 gal. livewell back into the side compartment instead of putting one up front. I have never used the livewell in the two years I've owned it and am a bit concerned about CG, but will try to offset with an accessory battery and the fuel tank on the opposite side. Second, your pictures don't show any underfloor flotation. Did you use any and, if so, what and what were your experiences with it? I'm debating none, pink foam board from Lowe's, or pour-in foam. All seam to have plusses and minuses. My only real concern with none, is how loud the hull is (water slapping against it). I'm probably leaning toward foam board cut to fit, then stuck in place with a couple dabs of silicone caulk. I'm going to replace the bench seat/storage that ran across the boat about three feet behind the bow with a casting deck similar to what you did. I probably won't elevate it as much as I primarily fish for catfish, and also run jugs and trotlines, so I want to be a little closer to the water. I plan to use 2 inch angle aluminum for the casting deck frame also. I'm debating replacing the transom since I have the rest of the boat taken apart already and the lower corners are rotten (the rest is good though). I didn't see you mention doing this but if you did, how did it go? I'm using 3/4 inch MDO plywood for my deck. Did you seal your decking, and if so, what did you use? Do you remember how much you had to trim your decking/hatch covers to get a good fit with the carpet installed? I know it is carpet dependent, but I think mine will end up being a similar thickness to what it looks like you used. Last, how is the paint holding up? I'm planning to use the same products you did and plan on spraying it on, also.

Sorry for the shotgun blast of questions. Honestly, I'm probably dragging my feet a little on stripping the hull as I try to figure out how best to do everything that comes after. Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide from your experience! :USA1:

Your boat looks great and hopefully my results will come close!

Sarcastic "thanks" for turning my week-ish long project into a full blown P-R-O-J-E-C-T.... ](*,)

Steve