Watcha got in the boat?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you have your images stored on Photobucket you need to copy the "IMG Code" for the image you want to paste into the Tinboats thread you are working on.

screencap-1.jpg

6'6" st croix crankbait rod-shimano chronarch 50 mg
7'0" damm quick tectan-shimano chronarch 50mg
5'6 sheffield panfish rod-okuma avenger
6'9" st croix dropshot rod-shimano sahara 4000
6'6" fenwick hmx-okuma epixor
6'0" fenwick hmx-gs2000
7'6" st croix-ardent flip and pitch
6'6" gander mtn tournament gsx54-ardent xs1000
6'6" damm quick tectan-ardent c400
6'9" guide series-ardent c400 fishoflage

For bass fishing:
St. Croix Avid 6'8" Medium Extra Fast.
St. Croix Avid 7'0 Medium Fast.
St. Croix Avid 6'6" Medium Fast.
St. Croix Mojo 7'0 Medium Heavy Fast.

Abu Garcia Viento STX-L
Daiwa Viento-L
BPS Extreme-L

Obviously, the rods outdo the reels, thus the BPS reel goes on either of the 7' rods, depending on what technique I'm using. The Viento stays on the 6'8" (real good combo) and the Abu stays on the 6'6" (not a bad combo either).

For stripers/coastal
Abu Garcia 5501 on an inexpensive 7' Pfleuger rod.
Abu Garcia 6501 on an inexpensive 7' BPS rod.

Panfish/trout.
Pfleuger Criterion on a Berkely 5'6" Cherrywood Graphite.

Surf
Inexpensive shakespearre combo - 8 ft. rod, spinning reel, cost 25 bucks. Bought for 2 days on one trip, and has held up for quite a few surf fishing trips, most of which include saltwater immersion, without any noticeable issue, and I've yet to oil or take it apart, to date.

I generally fish for bass. I take 6 combos whenever I can. If I am with the kids in the boat, I normally only take 2.

I take on average: 5 Casting rods and reluctantly 1 Spinning outfit.
1- 7'-6" Heavy Kistler Helium LTA casting rod/Quantum Accurist PT reel spooled with 20# Cabela's no-vis flouro. -Jigs.
1- 7' Heavy Kistler Carbon Steel casting/Academy reel spooled with #20 mono now/#50 braid or #20 flouro in summer -spinnerbaits/frogs/etc
1- 7' Medium Kistler Carbon Steel casting/Diawa Strikeforce spooled with 10# yo-zuri hybrid. -Senkos/Flukes/Crankbaits depending on the day.
2- 7' Med-Heavy Kistler Carbon Steel casting rods/Cabela's tourney ZX reels spooled with #15 Cabela's no-vis. -Texas rigs/Carolina rigs/etc.
1- 6'-9" Med Kistler Helium LTA spinning rod/Zebco Rhino reel spooled with 8# McCoy clear co-polymer. -weightless plastics/shakees/drop-shots.

These are my bread and butter outfits. I have a few others that I might throw in for a tournament depending on conditions. I have a few berkley lightning spinning with cheap-o reels and quantum casting rods with garcia ambassadour 2500lp reels if I need to go lighter.
I carry two soft sided tackle bags with plano boxes in them where I keep my lures. One full sized, and one half sized

When I go for stripers/cats I use 2 old shimano gold casting reels spooled with #20 mono on 7' glass spinning rods. I use those same rods with cheap spinning reels for the very rare occasions I surf fish, or fish from the bank for cats/stripers.