Your Ideal Rig?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bubba

Reaction score
Ok, Here's a good one. If you could choose any one boat for your "ideal rig", what would you choose? We'll say any boat under 20K or a 20K budget. Wether it be modded yourself, or just a simple 'off the shelf" boat, what would you choose? For Bass, Stripers, Bluegill, Catfish, Crappie, whatever you wanna fish for. Let's here em'. :D And if your gonna mod one yourself, what would some of those mods include?

i would keep the boat i got now . after my injuries i had to get a boat i could handle myself. after about a year of searching i found the one i wanted and i modded it myself, so i would buy maybe about a thousand dollars worth of accessories and put the rest in the bank but that is just me

I'd keep the same boat also. Maybe the only things I would like different would be pop-up cleats, and also pop-up horizontal-mount rod holders while trailering the boat. I like a clear deck with as few trip hazards as possible (I have two left feet sometimes, lol).

Maybe, a boat that launches and recovers itself, because I'm not real adept at that somedays, lol. :roll:

AlumacraftAngler.jpg

Alumacraft Angler 16'. ($7,995)

I like the open floor space in the middle. I only fish electric only lakes, so no need for the motor on the back, which is why I would opt for the tiller model.

I think the only thing I would do would be put 2 55#thrust TMs on the rear, each hooked into 4 31 series batteries hooked in parallel. That would all be across the back. Then run a Big Foot switch up to the front incase I wanted to really scoot across the water, and steer with the foot control.

As for batteries in the front, I'd probably come off the front livewell another 18" for storage and 2 batteries on each side, similar to the setup I have now in the bench of my current boat.

I guess that totals out to about $12,000 with everything I'd want to do to it.

That leaves me $8,000 to go and buy the truck that could pull it, because my little 4banger Nissan would laugh in my face!

You know, I just noticed in the pic above - they only have their flotation devices in the center... what the heck are they fishing for that they need no tackle or bait?? ](*,) Those pics are kind of misleading.. I mean, if I didn't have any common sense I would think that everyone fishes like me and takes ALL of their fishing gear when they go

g3.jpg

G3 155PF Vinyl, perfect for bassin, trout trollling, small tourneys, and slab gills, oh, and a college kid on a budget!

Jim said:
My ideal rig would be a 22 foot Xpress X22LE with a 300 hanging off the back. Wrapped in TinBoats.net decal. :mrgreen:

Not too sure you could pick that up for $20K though. The wrap alone would drive the price way up.

I was thinking an 18 foot aluminum tunnel hull with an air motor on a frame above the main motor. Lights on the front for flounder gigging. Would have throttle and steering controls for the air motor on the safety rail up front. May have to rethink that as Texas is poised to severely limit flounder gigging to help them to recover from their recent decline.

Now that I have my little jet boat I'd like a 22' center con 200hp outboard high thrust kicker with auto everything, self bailing floor, removable hard bow cap and unlimited
gas card. Oh electric downriggers and a duramax chevy 4x4 crewcab to pull it. I'm not aksing for much I'm worth it.
I know this is over the 20k limit but I have my tin boat already.
WFFF

Well, I couldn't honestly say that I can't have just one boat that will do it all for me. Since I bass fish, striper fish, crappie fish and do other stuff out on the lake.

Ideally, I would want an 18 foot rig for bass fishing, with a 90 horse or so, were it an aluminum rig, or a 150 were it a glass rig. Would need to have livewells, and all the amenities needed in a tourney rig. Would also need to handle rougher water fairly well, so a glass rig is probably a better option here (Russ010 can tell you what an average summer day on Allatoona was. Many are worse than that day).

For striper fishing, I would want a large center console with tee top. Fairly open layout, aside from a bow deck to throw a cast net for bait from. Rod holders all over the place, a kicker motor for trolling, and a large bait tank. Hull shape to handle fairly rough water

For crappie fishing, I would probably want something fairly similar to what I have now. 15 - 16 feet, aluminum, rod holders etc. Layout would be slightly different than what I have now, but not much. And, it definitely would have power tilt and trim. Only thing is, there certainly wouldn't be carpet in this, as this would be the rig that I would use for a lot of the conservation projects I help with on the lake. It would get covered in mud from beaching to cut trees or when assisting the lake cleanup efforts etc. Also, this would be the electric only boat, when the outboard is taken off (tiller motor of course). Therefore, it would need a layout that could work with bass fishing, crappie fishing, and contain a bait tank for electric only striper fishing.

Now, were I doing the boat like the third one again, I could do it for under 4000 again, I am certain. Possibly closer to 3500.

When I made a ballpark price range for the center console I will be building, I think it came around 12000, if I searched well for everything. I could do it for 7 - 8 if I found a hull and trailer, and built from there.

That leaves me, what, 4000 - 4500 for a bass boat. If I searched for the right hull, I could probably do it. There is a 1985 20 foot Bullet with a 200 for sale locally for 1500. Needs a lot of sprucing up, but I could likely do that for 3 grand.

There ya go, those are my 3, that will serve me well, yet still stay under 20 grand.

A 1440 mod V with a 4stroke 15HP tiller motor.Of coursed it's gotta be decked and carpeted with 3 seats.Open center,foot operated TM up front,transom mount TM,rod locker,live well,fish finder up front,and depth sounder near the driver.It's not that I don't like the bigger more luxuerous boats,I just get to tired trying to make the 2 hour ride to a big lake.So,I stay around close to the little lakes around home.Plus I am distracted to easily by gadgets and play with them instead of fish.

MVC-154F.jpg

War Eagle 2372 With some 400 Watt High Pressure Sodium Lights, a big generator, and a nice big platform to bowfish off of. Oh, and maybe a decent stereo on the boat.

ShadowWalker said:
War Eagle 2372 With some 400 Watt High Pressure Sodium Lights, a big generator, and a nice big platform to bowfish off of. Oh, and maybe a decent stereo on the boat.

I've always liked War Eagles. 2072 center console for me, with a 150 on the back. No camo though. Otherwise, stripped down and I'd accessorize it to my liking.

20721lgmo7.jpg

Latest posts