12'

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrl5678

Reaction score
Straw poll
A flat bottom Jon VS a 12' V
12' will be carried in the bed of a truck. so weight is a factor.
Im really looking for most all round.
I am sure you will have more questions.

12 ft V, maybe 200 lbs, 9.9 2 stroke.
Made a 'trailer' out of 2x6 and some Harbor Freight wheels.
Load it up in the parking lot, mount the motor and wheel it down to the ramp. Will trade the wood and wheels for a set of flip up transom mounted wheels so I don't have to carry it or deal with mounting it under with the ratchet straps. Just waiting on how I want to mount them.

Attachments

• 20190715_161855.jpg
    20190715_161855.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 213
  • 20190630_110331.jpg
    20190630_110331.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 213
Having been there myself...I'd get the flat bottom as it is stable in the back of a pickup. If ya beach it a lot it is stable on the ground. But it sucks in weather and waves and everything ya run over gets caught on the motor as there is no parting of debris.

My computer flipped the pictures.

Is that a 6' bed?
I think a 12' would be a little more stable for those times where the wind changes faster than your mind.

Nice set up.

I have seen the flip up wheels, not sure how they go on but a good idea.

jrl5678 said:
My computer flipped the pictures.

Is that a 6' bed?
I think a 12' would be a little more stable for those times where the wind changes faster than your mind.

Nice set up.

I have seen the flip up wheels, not sure how they go on but a good idea.

Yup 6.5 foot. I think it sticks out a couple 3 feet past the tail gate, but I haven't had any trouble with it staying put.
Till I figure out the wheels, my home made dolly works just fine.

I'd go with the V and load it transom first. You have to remove the motor anyway. Hang a red tag from the bow when you're cruising down the road

Latest posts