1974 Mirrocraft 16' V

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parratt1

Reaction score
Hey everyone I have a 16' Mirrocraft Deep V that my dad recently gave me. It's in great shape physically but needs some TLC so I figured I would make some mods while I was at it to make it an all around fishing rig. Attached is the factory sales circular showing the boat I have. I took some pics of my own of the actual boat but it is hard to get the whole boat in one frame. In my boat, the PO removed the 3rd , from the rear seat, bench totally but left the braces attached to each side of the hull. He also added a small casting deck and storage to the front from the bow to the back edge of the front seat. My thought is to build a new seat bench in the front a foot or so back from the one that is there, or simply add a support aft of the front bench and make that casting deck larger.
I also want to remove the middle, or second seat from the rear to open up the middle. I would deck that down close to the bottom to make a nice flat surface to walk on. My question is, can that seat bench also be removed and if so, what will I need to do to keep the sides from collapsing without the support? I thought maybe run a box down the length of each side to add rigidity but if I don't have to do that, I would rather not to keep the useable space as large as possible. I do not want to detract from the safety or integrity of the boat at all as I will often have my two youngsters with me.
Any ideas?

Attachments

• boat.png
    boat.png
    369 KB · Views: 1,079
fool4fish1226 said:
:WELCOME:

Check out my build in my signature may give you some ideas

Thank you for the welcome!! Man you did a heck of a job on that boat for sure!! Gives me a lot of great ideas that I can think about. With so much of your deck being so high, do you notice any less stability when you are running or even sitting that high up? Just seems like there would be a chance of you being top heavy if you will but I really have nothing to base that thought on other than just appearance.