1976 16' Lund Pike D Reborn

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pics

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    57.1 KB · Views: 822
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    70.5 KB · Views: 822
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    42 KB · Views: 822
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    45.9 KB · Views: 821
Almost got the carpet done. It's on heck of a messy job.

I have about 3 feet left to trim off. However my neighbor across the street got a little upset because I was making to much noise. ( time to move back out into the country )

The only thing I didn't get done today was installing the bilge pump. I did drain the lower unit and put new fluid in it earlier today however. The family and I are going to take the boat out tomorrow for a bit. I will get some pics. I plan to drain the lower unit after that and refill again just to try to get as much of the old black oil out as possible.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    33.3 KB · Views: 818
jasper60103 said:
Good progress.
Are you going to put your seat pedestals back on?

jasper

I purchased 3 new seats for the boat. I am going to put a swivel seat in the rear and a drivers seat and I haven't decided how I am going to do the front seat yet. I have three different seat mounts that I can use. I have to do some test this afternoon.

Seats are in. All that's left to do now is load it up and head up north tomorrow for some quiet time!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    41 KB · Views: 775
perchjerker said:
Congrats bud let us know how she does

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

I will get plenty of pics and will post back on Sunday!

Caught 50+ crappie. Kept 28 ( 10-12 inchers) boat has been in the water for 3 days and is bone dry. Motor still needs some work but runs great at full throttle. Half throttle it starts to almost have like a miss.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    43.6 KB · Views: 701
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    91.9 KB · Views: 701
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    80.3 KB · Views: 701
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    25.8 KB · Views: 701
Fire1386 said:
Ouch, that will hurt for a while. Nice mess of fish.....:)

still hurts today but at least I was still able to catch some fish.

boat was rock solid. There are a few things that I plan to change. The front seat is to far forward and I put it in the middle of the boat. I am going to remove it and put in a bench seat like it was when it came from the factory. I also need to move the drivers seat more towards the middle of the boat and back an inch or two. I might also take out the swivel attachment because it sits a bit to high and is awkward driving like that. I plan to get an achormate for the front as well.

I am also going to remove the front bow mount trolling motor. It works but will only turn to the left and it is really noisy and in the way of the front fisherman. I plan to keep an eye out for a good used one but until then I am going to just use the transom mount trolling motor.

The boat also needs more cup holders and some rod holders.

I am going to pull the carb off and give it a good cleaning again. It backfired a couple times and there was crud by the butterfly's in the carb. I went through 5 gallons of gas this weekend and I feel that the motor used to much for how much we ran it. When I adjust the lean and rich mixture it doesn't change much until you give it a full turn then it either idles to high or backfires and shuts off.

I don't plan to work on the boat for a week or so to let my hands heal.

I put a drill bit through my left pointer finger last week and broke my middle finger on my right hand.

Thank you everyone for following my progress.

I am no where near close to being done. I am taking the boat up to Alexandria MN in 2 weeks for another trip. I plan to get a new trolling motor and install the front bench before then.

perchjerker said:
thanks for the report

so you are saying that the trolling motor is broken?

Is it a Minn Kota Power Drive?

Yeah the bow mount trolling motor is broken. It works but it has a very loud motor and it will only go forward and to the left when using the foot control. I could not get it to go to the right. It seems to try but then stops. It came with the boat so its not a big deal. I plan to give it to my dad for his sail boat since he only needs it to push I'm straight. He can turn with his rudder, and then he doesn't need to have a gas motor on it. He was complaining of smelling the gas when out on the water. I don't use a trolling motor much when I fish. I tend to find a good spot and stay.

I have a 36lb in the rear that is there mainly to help get me back to shore if the motor fails. Better than using a paddle. I was going to buy a bigger boat next year and still might but I really like this boat and it is very sturdy in the water when walking around. There are going to be some changes however. The front pedestal seat was a pain and my buddy ended up just taking it out while he fished because it got in the way.

I ordered some cup holders that flush mount, and plan to put two in the front bench seat and 2 in the rear and 2 in the console.

ok the reason I asked is because on these motors, a lot of times all that is wrong is the foot pedal. If you know of someone that has one try swapping it out and see if it works properly

but since its noisy there may be other problems as well in the drive motor

perchjerker said:
ok the reason I asked is because on these motors, a lot of times all that is wrong is the foot pedal. If you know of someone that has one try swapping it out and see if it works properly

but since its noisy there may be other problems as well in the drive motor

Yeah the motor makes a lot of noise. We caught fish so it wasn't loud enough to scare em away but the guys in the boat made fun of it saying set the troll speed to whop whop whop or whop....whop....whop....whop haha. That is how we would determine how fast we wanted to troll haha.

You did good, Sir.

(that car-door finger made me wince...been there, done that.)

Look at how "right" that craft looks!

YOU did that!

Nice. Very nice.

=D>