20' Lowe Olympic Jon Boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
amateurhour said:
I think those trailer tires are bigger than the ones on my truck :)
Looking good man, this has ended up one hell of a build.
Hey AmateurHour, Thanks for looking and commenting, it has been a long project.
I enjoy your IT Cartoon link and Anime pics, I'm a big steampunk fan. Later, :) Jerry

The trailer turned out really good Jerry, next time you load the boat on it snap a few pics I'd really like to see the complete package...Ryan

Great looking trailer, Jerry. I finally found the wax stick that you use for cutting aluminum. Maybe a little too late for you to help you but for someone else might be just in time.

Here is the link: https://delraysales1.com/default_refsub.asp?subby=Castrol+Stick+Wax+%2D+Metal+Working+Lubricant&cat=&sup=

Looks like allumizilla is now Mobile. Looks great Jerry. I like that the lights are out of the water while loading/unloading.

Mrtoler said:
The trailer turned out really good Jerry, next time you load the boat on it snap a few pics I'd really like to see the complete package...Ryan
Thanks Ryan, I hope to get the boat on it soon and I'll be sure to take Pix.
BrazosDon said:
Great looking trailer, Jerry. I finally found the wax stick that you use for cutting aluminum. Maybe a little too late for you to help you but for someone else might be just in time.
Here is the link: https://delraysales1.com/default_refsub.asp?subby=Castrol+Stick+Wax+%2D+Metal+Working+Lubricant&cat=&sup=
Thanks Don, I'm sure a few folks here can use the info.
bguy said:
Looks like allumizilla is now Mobile. Looks great Jerry. I like that the lights are out of the water while loading/unloading.
Thanks Brian, I'm hoping that it will make it easier at night too. :)

My boat is small and my modification is simple but your deck framing is something I want to recreate in miniature. Thank you for sharing and showing us how it is done.

Nice job your boat looks great . How is your paint holding up just wondering cause im using the same exact paint .Im putting the final coat on tonite . I bought a cheap air gun from walmat for 20 dollers it works great! I'll have new pics this weekend

nlester said:
My boat is small and my modification is simple but your deck framing is something I want to recreate in miniature. Thank you for sharing and showing us how it is done.
Hi Lester, My mantra is keep things simple and think things through. Glad to be of help, and thanks for commenting.
walleyejoe said:
Nice job your boat looks great . How is your paint holding up just wondering cause im using the same exact paint .Im putting the final coat on tonite . I bought a cheap air gun from walmat for 20 dollers it works great! I'll have new pics this weekend
Hey Walleye, I wished I had gone with the oil base version as there is some pealing on the window frame and
the rub rails. When the time comes to repaint, I'll go that route. In the meantime, I'm going to fish the wheels off it! :) Thanks for looking..Jerry

WOW!!!! very impressed. every little detail is well thought through. id love to do a project like that. whats next? sell it and start another? lol j/k. enjoy, hope you catch alot of fish, and enjoy every moment of it!

Great looking boat and can't wait to get mine in the right direction. My HD and Lowes here in Richmond,VA has the EZ screen stuff and picking some up this weekend. Getting everything roundede up so when I start I don't have to say I need more oops.

Great job and thanks for the pics it really helped me figure out what to do and HOW to do it..

Scott

mikem09 said:
WOW!!!! very impressed. every little detail is well thought through. id love to do a project like that. whats next? sell it and start another? lol j/k. enjoy, hope you catch alot of fish, and enjoy every moment of it!
Thanks Mike, I've been looking for something to refurb but nothing has turned up so far.
Welcome to Tin Boats, where are you located?
jvanhees said:
Awesome boat!!!
Thanks JV, it took about 3 months and a ton of pop rivets! :)
assaultcraft8993 said:
Great looking boat and can't wait to get mine in the right direction. My HD and Lowes here in Richmond,VA has the EZ screen stuff and picking some up this weekend. Getting everything roundede up so when I start I don't have to say I need more oops.
Great job and thanks for the pics it really helped me figure out what to do and HOW to do it..
Scott
Thanks Scott, just keep it simple & keep hacking....Jerry

I'm sure I've posted this before but your attention to detail astonishes me. This is a superbly clean build, and your craftmanship is second to none!

Thanks for looking & commenting guys.
Ryan, I think you wanted pics of 'Zilla on the trailer. We discovered the steering cable was stuck
while getting the boat ready for a tournament. Best we could do is tight left hand circles :(
Fortunately the boat ramp here is 2 doors down the street, so we dragged it over and loaded.
Did you know an aluminum trailer floats :shock: That was Funny!
Well here's the pics.....Keep Hacking!

Attachments

• more AlumaZilla 002.JPG
    more AlumaZilla 002.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,227
  • more AlumaZilla 003.JPG
    more AlumaZilla 003.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,227
  • more AlumaZilla 004.JPG
    more AlumaZilla 004.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,227
I love this build. I read the whole thread last night. I had an idea to do this with a 14 ft, but decided it would be to tipsy with the weight so high. Uou got away with it on a larger boat, and it looks great.

bguy said:
Hello Jerry. Just stopping in to say hello.
Hey Brian, still kikkin here, glad to hear from you.
thursdaymike said:
I love this build. I read the whole thread last night. I had an idea to do this with a 14 ft, but decided it would be to tipsy with the weight so high. Uou got away with it on a larger boat, and it looks great.
Hey Mike, Thanks for looking and commenting. I tried to keep the weight low, 4 batteries and a 27 gal fuel tank
are on the bottom (350lbs) and everything I mounted topside was as light as possible.
At 60" on the bottom, it is tender. I'm still happy, this is the first build I have ever done. Keep Hacking, Jerry :)