20' Lowe Olympic Jon Boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool build and that thing is a monster! I enjoyed the attention to detail and commitment to quality reading through the posts for your build. Excellent! =D>

DOBSONFLY said:
Cool build and that thing is a monster! I enjoyed the attention to detail and commitment to quality reading through the posts for your build. Excellent! =D>
Thank you sir. A lot of ideas came from the creative builders on this website, we could not have a better home. Keep Hacking....Jerry :)

BrazosDon said:
Jerry, what is it like to have the trailer float up from under your boat since it is so light?
Completely unnerving Don. Sort of like antigravity, if you get the trailer too deep it will pop to the surface.
Kathy gets the boat ready to pull onto the trailer as I back down the ramp in case I get the trailer in over the fenders. Very strange experience. :shock:
How are you and the boys coming on your tin?

GOOD MORNING JERRY,
I TALKED TO THE FOLKS THAT I WAS TALKING TO YOU ABOUT ON US19.(THE FISHING TACKLE WAREHOUSE) THE WIFE SEEMS TO THINK THAT CAPTIN JOE HAS DONE QUICK SEMINARS FOR THE GROUP FISH-ON ALREADY. ANYWAYS HAVE A GREAT DAY AND THANKS FOR THE INVITE AND I DID HAVE A GOOD TIME. I ALWAYS ENJOY MEETING NEW PEOPLE AND LEARNING NEW THINGS. TAKE CARE JERRY.

Stopped by there this morning, Joe has presented several seminars at our club and has some very good
jigs. Hope to see you at the next meeting. :)

amateurhour said:
I think those trailer tires are bigger than the ones on my truck :)

Looking good man, this has ended up one hell of a build.

Everyone following this build from the beginning up till now would have disappointed if JJ had done anything less than spectacular work. There are no Melvin's on his jobs! =D>

Gators5220 said:
Catchin any trout Jerry?
Not lately, keep getting blown out. Club Tournament coming up next Friday,
so I expect to wack a few then.
Pweisbrod said:
We want fish pics!
Ok, Ok, I posted a few in the Saltwater Fishing Reports. here is the link.
https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=80&t=29665
Tight Lines Guys :)

Just flipped through your entire build.

I suppose I could talk about the great paint job, the clean fab work, the properly done electronics etc etc etc etc

But all of that pales in comparison to the fact that you HAVE A BATHROOM ON YOUR JONBOAT!!!!! That is freaking awesome!!!!

PS - You can get relatively inexpensive but heavy duty replacement leaf springs for your Cherokee that would help level things out.

https://www.quadratec.com/products/56010_11.htm

Thanks for looking and commenting MrSimon. Happily it turned out well with the help and ideas from
everyone on Tin Boats. Thanks also for the tip on the Jeep Springs. The trailer needed some tuning,
so I moved the bunks to the rear 12" and moved the axle forward as far as it would go, about 15".
The next time I have the boat on the trailer, I'll take some pics. Jerry :)

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=313966#p313966 said:
Jonboat Jerry » 09 May 2013, 10:31[/url]"]Thanks Whistler....what's the latest on your Tin?

Sorry Jonboat Jerry I missed this post some how? As the old saying (excuse) goes I guess I've got too many irons in the fire. Grass is growing like crazy around here and with all my freebee lawn cuttings it's really got me bogged down. A word of advise to all who read this....Do not buy yourself a Z turn mower for a retirement gift. My thought was to mow 3 lawns (mine, moms, and a lady that helps with my Mom) the new mower would expedite the job thus more time in the boat and on the motorcycle. How wrong I was as this purchase has got me mowing other lawns. The kicker is these are all for free. Ha! Also trying to get a garden in as we (read wife) cans lots of things. Just about got that all done now. So maybe we can get some boating and fishing in. =D>

I don't know much about your methods or type of fishing but how far offshore (that might not be the right word) do you go in your boat or what types of waters do you feel comfortable in.

Hey Whistler, The 'Zilla is good for near shore (3-6mi) and inshore (3mi-ankle deep).
Target is Trout, Cobia, Flounder, Spanish Mack, etc. I even enjoy catching pin fish(bait).
A buddy of mine, I graduated with, lives near here and has a Donzi 35 that is great for off shore.
Here is a fishing report about last Friday's venture. Jerry
https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=80&t=30666 :)

Hi Jerry, stumbled on across you build nice job im going to be doing some mods to mine during the winter, Im in Hudson also so maybe see you out at the rock pile or in Filmans , i got two real nice 23" & 25" redfish there last weekend, im catch and release unless im hungry. 8)

David

A big welcome David, glad to have you here. You will have to show me how to fish Fillman's as I have been up there
4 times and, to this day, remain skunked! I'm here in Sea Pines, a stones throw from Fillman's. PM sent Jerry :)

Hi Jerry, where did you get your alumnium supplies? Locally in hudson? EDIT" I see a post you made for american metals? dang that is 1 mile from where my tampa office is. sweet... :D

Thanks David

Local Supplier for the DP was COX ALUMINUM inc. 6810 Commerce ave.
Steve Roberts at 727-847-1046 if you mention me, Jerry Sweet or Alumazilla
he may remember us. If you need any help, call me. :)