Blue LED Rope light and Depth finder with GPS questions

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jawhee13

Reaction score
hey guys just wondering what an affordable depth finder with GPS is? I run some shallow rivers so i would like a GPS to track my route so i can just open her up wide open and run on my previous route through the channel. Let me know what you all use!!

Also i bought some rope lights to mount under the side railing on my boat. I just have no figured out how to mount the brackets yet. I don't really wanna drill holes in my boat either? Anyone have a glue that bonds well to aluminum? and plastic? Or do you think i should get the aluminum mounting brackets and rivit them through the sides of my boat? Let me know what you all think !

If it were me i wouldn't trust the GPS for running a track they are not that exact!!
I would hate to bust your boat off because of the track being off a bit
As far as the lights go I think the brackets will make for a cleaner install and would go that way

redbug said:
If it were me i wouldn't trust the GPS for running a track they are not that exact!!
I would hate to bust your boat off because of the track being off a bit
As far as the lights go I think the brackets will make for a cleaner install and would go that way

And trying to drive over an existing track at high speed isn't that easy, either. I've used it at night, going slow through rock crowded channels. The gps didn't make it much less nerve racking! ;)

If it is fairly wide channels that you can set-up pairs of waypoints, such that you can tell what the width ranges are, that helps.