Brother's Project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
got the boat painted, water sanded in between coats and it turned out pretty good. a couple dents here and there
but i think that adds character. we got the alluminum made up for the platforms and picked up the wood for the floor. once the floor is in we'll measure the height for the platforms and start installing them.

Attachments

• phpdAE7WiPM.jpg
    phpdAE7WiPM.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 1,066
  • phpm4Gbi2PM.jpg
    phpm4Gbi2PM.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 1,065
  • phpq8Lp0lPM.jpg
    phpq8Lp0lPM.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 1,063
  • phpWAzahwPM.jpg
    phpWAzahwPM.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 1,064
  • phphRxHp3PM.jpg
    phphRxHp3PM.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 1,065
  • phpYtFHVsPM.jpg
    phpYtFHVsPM.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 1,068
  • phpPoKAx9PM.jpg
    phpPoKAx9PM.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 1,066
  • phpyasndFPM.jpg
    phpyasndFPM.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 1,067
the boat is finally painted and flipped back over. still need to paint the inside of the boat but wanted to change it up a bit and try to fit the alluminum decking. worked out pretty well. a lot of measuring and double checking but it's going to work out great. the height of the decking is 12 inches. the back will have enough room for two 6 gallon gas tanks, two batterries, speakers and rod holders. the front will have room for the oars, lifejackets and livewell.

Attachments

• phpbGc1ItPM.jpg
    phpbGc1ItPM.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 825
  • phpUFI7ebPM.jpg
    phpUFI7ebPM.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 826
  • php6fB9lnPM.jpg
    php6fB9lnPM.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 827
  • phpRaPUSPPM.jpg
    phpRaPUSPPM.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 825
  • phpAUuCVZPM.jpg
    phpAUuCVZPM.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 828
  • php8UXMy5PM.jpg
    php8UXMy5PM.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 827
  • phpHcs6uEPM.jpg
    phpHcs6uEPM.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 825
started to paint the inside of the boat. waiting for more paint , screws for the floor and carpet. started to work on the transom. cut out a new piece of wood, primed it and painted it the colour of the boat. also got a piece of alluminum checker plate to add to the back of the transom. slowly we are trying to build the platforms and storage areas. also trying to create a console that will hold everything we need ( gauges, switches, stereo, etc. )

Attachments

• phpvCr3KVAM.jpg
    phpvCr3KVAM.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 764
  • php0I0A4gAM.jpg
    php0I0A4gAM.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 764
  • phpnQwTf8AM.jpg
    phpnQwTf8AM.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 764
well we spent the week painting the inside of the boat. also cut out the wood we need for the storage compartments and plaforms. the wood we got was used marine grade plywood from a sign company.
it has lettering on it but i figure once it gets carpeted, it will be fine. the wood was then coated a couple times with some sealer. this weekend we will try to carpet the boat and probably put the motor back on.

Attachments

• phpnU4W7OAM.jpg
    phpnU4W7OAM.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 776
  • phpvTRlnBAM.jpg
    phpvTRlnBAM.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 776
  • phpymjGmdAM.jpg
    phpymjGmdAM.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 776
  • phph96jOuAM.jpg
    phph96jOuAM.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 777
  • phpJfoWLzAM.jpg
    phpJfoWLzAM.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 777
  • phpfMQRWlAM.jpg
    phpfMQRWlAM.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 778
  • php4XIgrCAM.jpg
    php4XIgrCAM.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 778
Wow! Great work is an understatement! I really like the job you've done, and what a fantastic boat to start with. Your paint turned out awesome, I just wished you would have picked a color to make it stand out more than white! That boat's too good to be anything but bold! Keep up the good work!

we tackled the carpetting today. everything went very well. just have to make sure you have a lot of sharp blades and some acetone to clean all the glue of the hands. i don't know if it is just me but i got that glue everywhere. glad it's finished and it turned out great.

Attachments

• phpLBGgBEPM.jpg
    phpLBGgBEPM.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 715
  • phpxaVUfgPM.jpg
    phpxaVUfgPM.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 715
  • php7TXw1pPM.jpg
    php7TXw1pPM.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 713
  • phpbEo2kJPM.jpg
    phpbEo2kJPM.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 714
  • phpGZBIjbPM.jpg
    phpGZBIjbPM.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 714
  • phpPCRSCOPM.jpg
    phpPCRSCOPM.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 715
that looks awesome!

I saw some tubing coming up from the bottom in one of the pictures - did you build in a livewell?

i'm getting a livewell made up out of alluminum, it will go in front of the console (centered). the livewell will be
24 X 12 and 13 inches deep.

Latest posts