Jay415's Alumacraft MV1648

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't see the power wires coming out of your trolling motor pedal. Are they directly underneath, running under the deck?

Yea I drilled a hole under the pedal and made the connection under the deck and mounted the pedal to hide the wiring. I like the less clutter cleaner look. I still use a Minn Kota TM plug to make the connection. Just hid it.

Just wanted to thank you for posting the video and info about the 9.9, I'm getting a 1448 on sunday and picking up a 4 stroke 9.9 monday. Was curious if it was enough power for what I'm trying to do and the video answered the question.

=D>

Gramps50 said:
Jay what did you use as a conduct to run the wires?
I ran them through the the side channels and under the ribs. Then I used black corrugated split tubing the hid and protect exposed wires.

This pic you can see the wires exposed and how I ran them. (1st pic is this post)
https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=22353&start=60#p237565

These pics show the conduit I used.
(2nd pic in this post) https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=22353&start=60#p238054
(both pics in this post) https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=22353&start=45#p234958

Boat looks great Jay.

Hope it brings you lots of good memories on the water =D>

KevinWI said:
wondered if you used the bottom rib channels for that....I didn't want to do that because the channels allow water (and dirt) flow under the floor and didn't want to block that...
just the side channels for that very reason. I also tried to put the split in the conduit down so water doesn't collect inside

I changed the livewell design and adding 2 discharge pipes and valves. 1 side feeds a spray bar for aeration and the other feeds a discharge port where I'll plug in a short length of PVC connected to a 4' hose to throw over the side of the boat. I will then carry another pump to fill the livewell that will plug into a cigarette lighter socket. Works great and I'm very happy with the design. I just have to hook up the wiring to the switch and it's done. Here's a video demo of the way it works.
IMG_1131.jpg

IMG_1132.jpg

IMG_1133.jpg

IMG_1135.jpg

[youtube]gD8Pqu-rCa4[/youtube]

HAHA! That kid is hilarious. You know he wanted to put that in the boat.

Jay, now we know what you did this weekend :LOL2: Looks great. Really should work well!

Glad to see you finally got some help working on the boat. =D>

Okay I have to ask what were you filming with? I will assume that it's waterproof.

Nice setup, hope you can return the one that you purchased.....

Gramps50 said:
Glad to see you finally got some help working on the boat. =D>

Okay I have to ask what were you filming with? I will assume that it's waterproof.

Nice setup, hope you can return the one that you purchased.....

Yes it's waterproof. It's my kayaking camera. Canon D10
https://www.amazon.com/Canon-PowerShot-D10-Waterproof-Stabilized/dp/B001SER460/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1330997045&sr=8-1

I should have no issue returning it. I bought 2 different types one was a mushroom spray head for ($27) and the other was the one I had pictured with the spray bar ($38). Both had the same 500gph pump, so I'm keeping the $27 one and just not using the mushroom spray head. The pump comes with a nice suction cup base.

jojo said:
HAHA! That kid is hilarious. You know he wanted to put that in the boat.
oh yea I know he did! he'd spray me if I gave him the chance! lol

gillhunter said:
Jay, now we know what you did this weekend :LOL2: Looks great. Really should work well!
Thanks! The pump out leaves about 2" of water because the suction cup base elevates it a little and the livewell is slightly deeper in the center. But I used the fill pump to get the rest of the water out and it only left about a half a cup of water. I then removed the rest with a towel. It's gonna work out just fine. Now I need to fish!! Hoping to get out Sunday, but its still kind of cold.

Jay- this is one of my favorite builds! The only thing I would have done if it was my boat is a bigger deck with a rod locker and more storage because I hate having stuff all over the place in my boat. But thats why they say there is a boat for everybody!

Latest posts