Lure knocker/retriever

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

njTom

Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone uses a lure retriever and if so which one works for you? Does anyone use a homemade retriever that they would like to share?

I was wondering if anyone has a smoker, and if so which one works for you? Does anyone use a homemade retriever that they would like to share?

Jim....I'll PM you my address so you can send me your smoker. :roflmao:

Man I love this place. 8)

fender66 said:
I was wondering if anyone has a smoker, and if so which one works for you? Does anyone use a homemade retriever that they would like to share?

I have made my own "lakeside" a few times using a doulock clip and 2-3 oz sinker - I have also used old spark plugs and they work just fine.

One of the tackle stores I request sells a paperclip molded into a 2 oz lead base - slide it down teh line and knock away!

:twisted: Tom, I got one from BPS for under $10. Saved a bunch of Redeyes and other cranks this year. Definetley a good investment.

Attachments

• LakeAudrey007-1.jpg
    LakeAudrey007-1.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 1,249
In one of the recent FLW magazines they were showing how to create a cheap one from a used spark plug and a large swivel. I don't own one, but several times as I tried to retreive an expensive crankbait I wish I did.

Captain Ahab said:
fender66 said:

I have made my own "lakeside" a few times using a doulock clip and 2-3 oz sinker - I have also used old spark plugs and they work just fine.

One of the tackle stores I request sells a paperclip molded into a 2 oz lead base - slide it down teh line and knock away!

Captn,

I read in a fishing magazine about the sparkplug trick but was not sure if it was heavy enough. I do like how inexpensive it is to make if it works.
Thanks
fish devil said:
:twisted: Tom, I got one from BPS for under $10. Saved a bunch of Redeyes and other cranks this year. Definetley a good investment.

Joe
Thanks for the reply. I had lost 3 redeyes this year at Alloway alone and had to replace them and their not too cheap. I was hoping for positive responses that these things work and will definetly will look into buying one.

Thanks

Tom

Ha Ha....I keep two old spark plugs on my boat's back deck. I thought they were there so I wouldn't have to pull a plug to know which model sparkplug to purchase.

Now, one of them has a better use. Thanks for posting. Rich

Spare spark plugs (say that 3 times fast) have all kinds of uses:
a) actual use as a spare spark plug
b) makeshift fishing weight (they'll cast to the horizon)
c) use as a "gift" for ski boats that insist on sharing their wake

Never thought about using one as a lure retriever, though. One more item for the list.

I carry a 14" pc. of 1" wooden round stock like a dowel rod, I sand one end down rounded off so it doesn't hurt my hand and I use that when pulling a lure out of bottom junk... With the new kinds of lines we all use I quit cutting my hands and now wrap the line around my dowel rod and use both hands to gently pull... don't get any line over any finger but it works wonderfully..No cuts. Try it.
peace
ron

Latest posts