My First: 12' SeaKing Questions

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is one nice job on that Sea-King. I'm thinking something like that for mine and get it our there catching fish! Of course I don't know if my wood work will be as nice as that!

boat.jpg

heres and old one of mine mr mom, ill get a good'n soon as this weather lets up

Looks great mike! Nice cupholders! How much weight will it carry? I'm not very small! Is it good for two people.

ive had 3 grown men and the only problem we had was being to crowded. seems the lower it sits in the water the less tippy it is. 2 people is perfect, you can lean back and kick your feet over the other side and be pretty dang comfy

i mounted seats on the front and rear bench directly to the bench wich seemed to help out alot. i dont know if it just helps keep whoevers fishing with me centered in the seat or what

im also fishing a river with no boat traffic. usually its just us, maybe another jon or canoe so wakes havent been a problem for us

Loggerhead Mike said:
boat.jpg

heres and old one of mine mr mom, ill get a good'n soon as this weather lets up

I like the PVC cup holders, it never ceases to amaze me what people do with PVC pipe.

Thanks for all the info guys! Looks like I'm gonna wait for some warmer weather and rebuck some rivets and try to get this thing sealed up. Then I'll start to post some pics. Still have to collect some stuff, outboard, trolling motor etc.............

I like the PVC cup holders, it never ceases to amaze me what people do with PVC pipe.

haha thanks. gotta love some old scrap pvc. i ended up taking them off and building carpeted box's around them. a few min in direct sun and your drink would be hot as the dang boat before doing that

also scrap'd the rod holders they just looked to cheezy

Sorry if this has been asked before but can you use Glu-vit and then Steelflex over top of it? Is that just overkill? I'm gonna rebuck the rivets where the leaks are then I wanted to use the Gluvit cause they are all on seams. Should I just Gluvit all the rivets and seams under the waterline then paint the hull with Rustoleum?

Steelflex will seal all the leaks wherever you put it. You can coat the whole outside like Bugoac did. Are you gonna use the glove it on the inside?

I think it's time to move this to the modifications forum. Been working on sealing her up to get her out fishing. Scuffed the bottom, applied Marine-Tex where the worse leaks were and then used Coat-It to epoxy the whole bottom. After that I scuffed her all up, cleaned with vinegar, used self etching primer and painted with rustoleum spray paint.

IMG_0057.JPG

IMG_0086.JPG

IMG_0088.JPG

IMG_0094.JPG

Put her in the water today and not a leak. Engine ran OK and caught three LMB in about an hour. She's very tippy, I don't know how people deck out these small semi v's. I'm not even gonna put in a low floor.