Pickerel Catch

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishinsMyLife

Reaction score
Well the highs were in the mid-50's today and so I figured I'd go fishing. In around an hour and a half, my brother and I managed 4 pickerel. My two biggest were a little under a pound, with my third being about 1/4 of a pound, all caught on shiners. My brother caught one on a Chatterbait (I got it in the monthly drawing a while back) that went 1lb 4oz. Because of the recent lack of fishing pictures, I figured I'd post these. One picture is of a bite scar on one of the pickerel. I don't know if another one bit him when he was smaller or what did it to him. The pictures came out better than I thought they would from being from my phone.
zzzzzzzzzzz2.jpg

zzzzzzzzzzz.jpg

zzzzzzzzzzz22.jpg

Nice catches, guys! :) . Supposed to be 56 degrees here tomorrow, and a friend mentioned taking his boat out tomorrow, but I can't attend due to my wife having some surgery tomorrow. She might be a little ticked-off if I left her at the hospital to go fishing :shock:

Originally Posted by Waterwings
She might be a little ticked-off if I left her at the hospital to go fishing

Ahhhh, go ahead. She'll be asleep in the OR. :lol: Just get back before the anesthesia wears off and she'll never know you were gone. :wink:

DocWatson said:

Ahhhh, go ahead. She'll be asleep in the OR. :lol: Just get back before the anesthesia wears off and she'll never know you were gone. :wink:

Well, things went well at the hospital :) . She had foot surgery this morning for Plantar Faciotis (sp?). Reported to the hospital by 0600, did the prep stuff, wheeled her to the OR at 0740, and at 0800 the volunteer lady in the waiting room told me she was headed to recovery for about 45 minutes. We were home just a little after 1000. :)

Waterwings said:
DocWatson said:

Well, things went well at the hospital :) . She had foot surgery this morning for Plantar Faciotis (sp?). Reported to the hospital by 0600, did the prep stuff, wheeled her to the OR at 0740, and at 0800 the volunteer lady in the waiting room told me she was headed to recovery for about 45 minutes. We were home just a little after 1000. :)

I suffered from that, That is the worst pain ever. You sit down for 10 minutes and then you cant get up. WOW! Surgery for it is pretty tough I hear. I luckily beat it with stretching, proper support and physical therapy. Hope things turn out well.

Yep, pretty bad pain. I originally thought there would be major incisions, but it was laproscotic, leaving one entry point on each side of the heel. Go in, snip a tendon slightly (from what I understand), the tendon stretched as supposed to do, and now it's about 3-4 weeks of tenderness. Gotta walk on it though or it might return to the way it was before.

FishinMyLife,
Sorry about posting non-fishing stuff in your Pickerel catch post.

Waterwings said:
FishinMyLife,
Sorry about posting non-fishing stuff in your Pickerel catch post.

Nah, no problem, I hope she gets well. I managed 3 more today in the cold, rain, and wind. Nothing was going for the live shiners. I caught two on a brokeback Bomber and one on an X-Rap. Nothing big, but it was some action. One had all 3 trebel hooks in his mouth. That was fun to unhook, especially because of the teeth.
zzzzzzzzzzz2234.jpg

zzzzzzzzzzz223.jpg

Jim said:
Good job man! I love your hat! I need to get one of those. :D

Well I was wearing it in weather that was cold for us down south but it was probably t shirt weather for ya'll from the north. The hat's definitely a chick magnet too... It brought one pretty girl that I didn't talk to much in and we started talking at a football game. After a while, she asked why I didn't wear the hat more often. I ended up telling her that I do wear it a lot, its just usually when I hunt and fish, which caused the conversation to turn to "You killed Bambi!" and that was the end of that.

FishinsMyLife317 said:
Jim said:
Good job man! I love your hat! I need to get one of those. :D

Well I was wearing it in weather that was cold for us down south but it was probably t shirt weather for ya'll from the north. The hat's definitely a chick magnet too... It brought one pretty girl that I didn't talk to much in and we started talking at a football game. After a while, she asked why I didn't wear the hat more often. I ended up telling her that I do wear it a lot, its just usually when I hunt and fish, which caused the conversation to turn to "You killed Bambi!" and that was the end of that.

LMFAO! :D

Did I tell you I made my wife video tape a hog hunt I went on.....on our honeymoon? :shock:

Latest posts