Seat recommendations

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Makaw said:
R2K said:
Can anyone recommend a trolling motor for the boat. I am thing transom mounted, because I will mostly fish from the back of the boat and that keeps me in control lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you have the budget, the wireless style (controlled via handheld remote) from Motorguide or Minn Kota are pretty slick. I ended up with a Motorguide Xi3, and while I knew it was overkill for my boat, it has been much more convenient than I expected. I can fish from the bow or stern and be in complete control. The gps features are probably the most beneficial for me. Ultimately it depends on what you need/want, what type of fishing you do, etc. I fished transom mounted trolling motors for many years. All I can say is I’m very happy with my bow mounted Xi3.
Thank you, one of the concerns I have with a bow mount with such a small boat is I would like to cover the boat and with all that sharp stuff it would be difficult. Do you know are they difficult to remove and stow without undoing the mount?

BAY BEAGLE said:
Regarding seats .... I too just purchased a pair of the Millennium seats (brown) - I like the high back, and not worrying about molded seats.
From my reading and research, in regards to trolling motors ...... bow mount Minn Kota with remote is the direction I'm going when I get to that chapter of this build. Nothing wrong with the other brand ...... pretty much a toss up.
Thank you, good luck with your build. Is it an older boat?

R2K said:
Do you know are they difficult to remove and stow without undoing the mount?

They are quite difficult to remove, unless you have a quick-release bracket. I had mine solid mounted to the trolling deck and it was kind of a pain to get on/off, which was good because I didn't worry about anyone messing with it while it sat in my driveway. The quick release trolling motor brackets are almost a necessity if you'll be pulling the motor constantly - basically a block that is solid mounted to the boat, which allows the motor to be mounted to the block via slide-locking pins. I didn't think I needed one, but I'm DEFINITELY going to be looking into them this year. Regarding covers and sharp points - I used a customized tarp for my cover and I never had an issue with the trolling motor cutting/slicing/disrupting the cover when it was tight.
Edit: fixed quote inset

R2K said:
BAY BEAGLE said:
Regarding seats .... I too just purchased a pair of the Millennium seats (brown) - I like the high back, and not worrying about molded seats.
From my reading and research, in regards to trolling motors ...... bow mount Minn Kota with remote is the direction I'm going when I get to that chapter of this build. Nothing wrong with the other brand ...... pretty much a toss up.

Records show a 1974 Ryancraft

18538.jpeg

BAY BEAGLE said:
R2K said:
BAY BEAGLE said:

Records show a 1974 Ryancraft

Looks like a really cool project, it looks long 16”?

On the TM issue, I’ve been running Minn Kota iPilots for years and now don’t like to fish without them. Unless you go with a self deploying model (even more expensive and more prone to break) you will need to go walk to the front or have a partner put it down but the ability to spot lock and “anchor” quickly from anywhere on the boat and move in small increments will spoil you on ever using an anchor again.
As far as covers, mine has a reinforced area over the TM and I’ve had no problems there but the quick release mount does allow me to pull it off relatively easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Looking for recommendations on boat cushions. The square kind that have the arm straps mainly just used for the purpose of seating, but if there going to be in the boat they should have a dual purpose just in case. There are so many it’s hard to tell which ones are high quality and would be comfy to seat or lean your back on in the bow.

Latest posts