Tinboats Tournament June 25th-RESULTS post #219 (pg15)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This sounds like a good place to meet new people and have a great weekend of fishing. Are kids welcome? I don't think my son would let me go with out him. That is assuming how baseball goes I think we have playoffs that weekend but not sure we will find out prob the beginning of June. I would really like to make this trip if possible. That also means that I would have to stop getting screwed on a boat :LOL2:

begs said:
This sounds like a good place to meet new people and have a great weekend of fishing. Are kids welcome? I don't think my son would let me go with out him. That is assuming how baseball goes I think we have playoffs that weekend but not sure we will find out prob the beginning of June. I would really like to make this trip if possible. That also means that I would have to stop getting screwed on a boat :LOL2:
Absolutely family is welcome! My kids are fighting over who would get to go in the boat with me :)

As to the boat problem, sometimes you just gotta move right away to get the deals. I saw a few sales on k-bid recently for good boats to mod, let me know when you're for sure coming and well hold a spot for you.

There has been no real news on the lake lately. Everyone in WI is waiting for the gamefish opener this weekend so they can cast for bass, pike, muskie, etc... The water is COLD - hanging around 50 degrees still so not much is happening. Should be warming up a bit this next week though and then the crappie action should pick up.

Can't wait for the get together. If Rich99 is bringing his own boat, my daughter wants to join me for this tourney. Should be fun keeping her busy for the entire day - of course, if the gills are biting, she'll have a blast!

My boat is still sitting under a tarp in a shed at my parents' place. I'm getting nervous that I haven't started the mod yet, but the lack of a tow vehicle is really setting me back. (Some of you may remember my tow vehicle thread fiasco.) Still staying optimistic the mod won't take me that long. I would really hate to miss this seeing as how I'm the most local of us here by a long shot.

I got my boat out last weekend and it felt great.

You need to get your boat working, getting it to the lake is no big deal. But if it doenst work there is no point in dragging it to the lake.
Less than 2 months and counting.

Im getting stoked.

FishyItch - If all else fails, one of us might be able to tow it to the lake for you.

My daughters and i finished a worm box that we started last year. The last step was to add some air circulation and then we painted it to match the boat. 8)

They both stayed up late tonight and helped me fill it with good ole home grown Wisconsin crawlers caught in the yard. What a fun time crawling around the yard with flashlights catching worms. We should be good to go for the gills!

I may be able to attend this year. Not sure yet.

I am currently off work till June 1st, so funds may be tight to spend so much on gas. Also with just returning to work I may not be able to get that Friday before off for travel. I just picked up a new boat as well and have to get things sorted out. Last year I wanted to attend but ended up having an appendectomy a few weeks before the tournament and new I might still be sore.

I will let you know as the date gets closer.

Well for me I would love to make it up there considering it is about 1hr40min drive north for me, we will see how baseball playoffs pan out weather we win or lose.

i am not exactly sure where the campground is on waubesa or is it the one at the intersection where you turn to get to lake farm boat launch?, but i have already been "pre-fishing" the hell out of the upper mud lake waubesa is too shallow for my deep V in some spots. Is it limited to waubesa or any of the chain of lakes ? what ramp are you using ? lake farm or goodland park ?

Will PROBABLY be attending not 100% sure yet though. sounds like a good time.

ITGuy, begs, truckhuntfish - we'd love to have you guys! The more fish we see at the weighin, the more embarrasing it is for those of us who got skunked :LOL2:

As to what's open, we are meeting at the Lake Farm Launch - NW side of waubesa by lake farm road. The only requirement is you be signed in and at the lauch before I take off fishing for the day (I stay 10-15 minutes after the start for any stragglers). If you can get to the water by boat (ie, all the Madison Chain) then it is open for the tourney.

I'd love to get out there once before the tourney weekend. It would be nice to find fish on a good weather weekend. :D

Also, in case you missed it, Tinboats.com has a new sponsor Crappielures.com. In the rules it reads that if you catch the biggest bass on a sponsor's lure, the prize $ is DOUBLED! So get your orders in early. I know I am on my last panfish spinner, which my daughter used to land crappie, big bluegill, bass, and a 22 inch northern this last weekend - what a fun trip!

I don't think anybody could get skunked on any of the lakes unless they didnt throw anything in the water my son is 4 and he doesnt even get skunked and his pole never sits still long enough for anything to see it. I got my "honey holes" all picked out already.but i am just going for crappies and bluegills.

truckhuntfish said:
I don't think anybody could get skunked on any of the lakes unless they didnt throw anything in the water my son is 4 and he doesnt even get skunked and his pole never sits still long enough for anything to see it. I got my "honey holes" all picked out already.but i am just going for crappies and bluegills.

I'm following you. Unless you can point me to a few Walleye hiding spots

I'm not too big into walleye fishing. Perch , crappies and bluegills taste alot better to me except for the occasional catfish if cooked right. I have limited out on crappies twice this year already usually in the 12 - 13in range. Now i gotta find a better spot for perch though , haven't found many of them yet , i think kegonsa or monona (DEEP) would be better for those. Either way it is usually pretty good fishing on waubesa or mud lake , not alot of recreational boaters there either.

Supposing someone wanted to go fish there without camping, where is a public boat ramp? I looked at a couple maps of the area and can't seen to find one. I thought about going up there next week, just so I can get a feel for the place and so my non-boater (wife) won't be nagging "I thought you knew where you were going". To me it's more about getting her on fish.

They (the campground) told me the launch that we'll be using is a public launch. I don't know if it's the cheapest or not, but it is open to the public. The gal I talked to said they rarely run out of parking (only on the real busy days like memorial day, july 4th etc..).

Latest posts