Tinboats Tournament June 25th-RESULTS post #219 (pg15)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First post is updated with participants. Please let me know if there needs to be any corrections.

Also, I told one guy he could ride in my boat if he wanted, but must have deleted the message? Can you contact me again just to confirm? Thanks!

Getting ready for the tourney! The fishing itch is on full blown right now. I have some cosmetic updates to the boat, and then I am calling her done. Should take all of a week at a leisurly pace to do.

wasilvers said:
I spoke to a family friend about this lake. He said a friend of his took him out on it last year. They ran to one spot in the middle of the lake and sat there all day. Now you know you don't sit in a spot all day unless you are catching fish - well, not only did they catch fish, but lot of fish of size! Crappie, gills, northern, bass, etc.. he named 6 species that they caught. Makes me even more interested to try this lake out!

BTW - he might join us this year as he's getting a new tin boat (it's on order now).

So you interested in sharing some insight or do I just need to tie my boat to yours? I'm not expecting to win any tourney, just want to make sure I get the wife on to some catchin'.

I normally use a small 1/16 oz jighead with a minnow for Crappies and thats a presentation she is comfortable with. Hopefully I can find some fishes for her.

He didn't even tell me where! If I catch any on Friday, I'll be sure to let you guys know what on. Likely I'll be useing some topwaters (lizards cause their cool) and then carolina rigging some plastics off any deeper points. For gills/crappie, I'm just looking for wood and using livebait. Crappie aren't my specialty, but you can catch gills almost anywhere.

wasilvers... I am the guy who you volunteered to take along.

Alternatively, you guys could let me bring my Carolina Skiff (fiberglass) and fish with you. My tinny (160W Lowe) stays in Texas. Your call. You are the organizer and I am happy with any decision that you make. regards, Rich

richg99 said:

Alternatively, you guys could let me bring my Carolina Skiff (fiberglass) and fish with you. My tinny (160W Lowe) stays in Texas. Your call. You are the organizer and I am happy with any decision that you make. regards, Rich

Well, at 450+ posts, I guess we'll cut you some slack. :) Also, I'd hate for you to be limited to fishing the area's I'm in. Everyone knows the fish see me coming and scatter!

I'd say you can bring the skiff along. It will make it slightly more interesting with 2 glass boats in the mix.

Will

"Everyone knows the fish see me coming and scatter"

Well, now I know where I won't be......Ha ha..

I have that same effect on the fish in Silver Lake, in Kenosha WI..... where I fish two or three days a week during the Summer.

On the weekend of June 12...I will be attending a three day Muskie School..held in St Germain, WI by Musky Hunter magazine. I'll probably be throwing ten inch long lures, looking for the biggest fish in the lake. Any muskies in your lake? Rich

richg99 said:

Hey richg99 check this out.... https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=19096

Outdoorsman

PS let me know when you get in the area...so we can meet up on the water...

Outdoorsman.....Yes, I saw your adv. the other day. I was wondering what you were taking me out into Lake Michigan with.. after you sell it..ha ha..

We can always go in the Caro Skiff as long as we stay near shore.

Have you got any kayaks laying around? I'd love to fish for salmon one hundred yards off of the outlet of the Root River after a rain storm.

Texas guys are catching four and five foot sharks out of their 'yaks, on the Galveston shoreline..... I've never done it,...but..sure looks like fun. rich

richg99 said:
On the weekend of June 12...I will be attending a three day Muskie School..held in St Germain, WI by Musky Hunter magazine. I'll probably be throwing ten inch long lures, looking for the biggest fish in the lake. Any muskies in your lake? Rich

Oddly enough there are some decent Muskie lakes by me.

richg99 said:
hanr...Yes, there are. I can't remember the name(s) but I know that the largest muskie in Illinois is said to reside in one of them. Kincaid??? maybe?? Rich

I tought Evergreen was holding the next state record Muskie?

I've heard Madison Chain produces some good muskies. From a guide on the chain...

"The Madison Chain of Lakes, particularly Lake’s Monona, Waubesa, and Kegonsa, give anglers a chance of catching a muskie over that magical 50 inch mark close to home. Last year, the “chain” lakes produced 5 muskies over 50 inches and they have produced a few more of these huge, 50 inch plus fish again this summer."

richg99 said:
Outdoorsman.....Yes, I saw your adv. the other day. I was wondering what you were taking me out into Lake Michigan with.. after you sell it..ha ha..

I was thinking you could take me out in it after you buy it... for Lake Michigan Perch, Salmon, Trout, etc., not to mention excellent Musky boat. AND..... you would have a "Tin Boat" for the upcomping tourney....

Might even consider your skiff as partial payment....

Outdoorsman