WANT TO SPLIT REAR SEAT

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STEPHAN

Reaction score
I JUST FOUND THIS SITE LOTS OF GREAT INFO. I HAVE A 1986 14' MIRROCRAFT WITH A SPLIT SEAT IN THE MIDDLE I WANT TO SPLIT THE REAR SEAT.HAS ANYONE DONE THIS AND WILL IT MESS UP THE INTEGRITY OF MY BOAT.ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT THANK YOU STEVE.

I find that if you hike your pants up real high and then squat you will have no problem splitting you rear seat

redbug said:
I find that if you hike your pants up real high and then squat you will have no problem splitting you rear seat

:LOL2: I thank you for this.... I just had coffee come out my nose!!! :roflmao:

STEPHAN said:
I JUST FOUND THIS SITE LOTS OF GREAT INFO. I HAVE A 1986 14' MIRROCRAFT WITH A SPLIT SEAT IN THE MIDDLE I WANT TO SPLIT THE REAR SEAT.HAS ANYONE DONE THIS AND WILL IT MESS UP THE INTEGRITY OF MY BOAT.ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT THANK YOU STEVE.

:WELCOME: I always think that if you remove something that maintains the boats integrity, then you should probably add support after you remove the center of the seat. You could always do like Bufford did. Just type in bufford into the search.

redbug said:
Thank you for your reply it's funny but not what I was looking for.

perchin said:
redbug said:
Thank you for your reply.Starcraft Seafarer 1415FLSS is what I like but I don't want to spend $3,600.00 for a new boat I was looking for help and ideas just to cut a middle section out of my rear seat.I wasn't looking to be laughed at or made out like it was a stupid idea.I thought this site was about helping people modify there boats. STEPHAN

:LOL2: I thank you for this.... I just had coffee come out my nose!!! :roflmao:

STEPHAN said:

:WELCOME: I always think that if you remove something that maintains the boats integrity, then you should probably add support after you remove the center of the seat. You could always do like Bufford did. Just type in bufford into the search.

Stephan, I honestly was not laughing at you but at redbug. I was also trying to give you good advice. If you do a search of bufford's project you'll see exactly how to do what you want to do. I was not saying I don't care look it up yourself, I was treating it like I would want someone to answer a question for me. I just do better with pictures, rather than just words. You have come to the right place, this place is full of great wisdom, and great guys, stick around and you will see. :WELCOME:

Froggy said:
Actually , no idea on boat Mod are stupid, so chill out , Welcome and checK some of the Mods on here. I would not cut out the back seat, front seat yes, thats just me.
Thank you for your input.

perchin said:
Stephan, I honestly was not laughing at you but at redbug. I was also trying to give you good advice. If you do a search of bufford's project you'll see exactly how to do what you want to do. I was not saying I don't care look it up yourself, I was treating it like I would want someone to answer a question for me. I just do better with pictures, rather than just words. You have come to the right place, this place is full of great wisdom, and great guys, stick around and you will see. :WELCOME:
I know you were laughing at redbug,his remark about rainman and being a retard made me feel like I was asking a stupid question.The first part was funny I laughed, enough about that. I did find Bufford post it looked very good if I do it that will be the way,thank you for leading me there.I know the guys are great,if I took redbug wrong I'm sorry and I will stick around because like you said this is the right place. STEVE

STEPHAN said:
perchin said:
I know you were laughing at redbug,his remark about rainman and being a retard made me feel like I was asking a stupid question.The first part was funny I laughed, enough about that. I did find Bufford post it looked very good if I do it that will be the way,thank you for leading me there.I know the guys are great,if I took redbug wrong I'm sorry and I will stick around because like you said this is the right place. STEVE

WELCOME ABOARD!!

Just so you know that last part on redbugs post is his forum signature, it shows up every post he makes, and it was in no way directed at your question. It was all in good fun, though not so much since taken the wrong way. That is the problem with internet type, you can't see whats behind it like real conversation. We are all glad you found us, and hope you get your boat exactly the way you want it! I see many new boats now that have instead of a full rear bench a split thing that goes all the way to the transom. If you are thinking about taking out the middle of the bench, I would also suggest some sort of structural support to tie the sides of the boat either to the flooring or to the transom like a lot of factory builds. Pictures of what you have would help suggestions alot, because people can visualize more what you have and what you want. When it comes to boating and fishing there are no dumb questions. :)

bAcKpAiN said:
STEPHAN said:
perchin said:

WELCOME ABOARD!!

Just so you know that last part on redbugs post is his forum signature, it shows up every post he makes, and it was in no way directed at your question. It was all in good fun, though not so much since taken the wrong way. That is the problem with internet type, you can't see whats behind it like real conversation. We are all glad you found us, and hope you get your boat exactly the way you want it! I see many new boats now that have instead of a full rear bench a split thing that goes all the way to the transom. If you are thinking about taking out the middle of the bench, I would also suggest some sort of structural support to tie the sides of the boat either to the flooring or to the transom like a lot of factory builds. Pictures of what you have would help suggestions alot, because people can visualize more what you have and what you want. When it comes to boating and fishing there are no dumb questions. :)
When and if I take on this project I will support it to the floor and the transom this way I can have storage for battery and gas tank thank you for that idea everyone has been great.I'm really sorry about misunderstanding redbugs reply all you guys please accept my apology. STEPHAN

geez man, don't take everything so seriously. This site IS about helping people, I have learned a lot myself. It is also about having fun.

cavman138 said:
geez man, don't take everything so seriously. This site IS about helping people, I have learned a lot myself. It is also about having fun.
I've learned a lot also and I will lighten up. STEVE

bAcKpAiN said:
It is all good, I can't wait to see your project.
The weather is still kind of cold to work outside,but not to cold to go fishing so I'll be doing that first.When I get started I'll take pics and try to figure out how to send them. STEVE

Latest posts