15' fisher marine (update pics added 3-20-09)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great lookin' rig man!

And you have no idea how jealous I am of you for having lakes like that nearby... North East Ohio pretty much sux.. unless you're loaded and want to mess with Lake Erie... (bleh)

That's some beautiful water!

Sweet.. Nice work......JIGGY>>>Did ya notice if the boat wanted to fishtail on ya any (Rear wanting to come around on ya)>>>I made a home made rudder for mine it really helped that out for me in my lil plastic pond hopper....also I added a smaller tm on the rear of mine I have had my 55 minn kota on front go down once and Thank goodness I had that lil one i was way back up a slew about a mile away from ramp sure saved a lot of paddlin for me....

Well thanks everyone for the coments. Its been awhile and i got sidetracked on the project but have started back on it. i have most of my wiring done and my speakers and antena for my radio instaled. Ill be working on the console today and getting it put in and also working on my spider rig for it. I'll post some pics when i get alittle more done.

Excellent project.

Do you have any info on what type of hinges you used for compartment doors? Piano hinges or something similar? :?:

thanks,
Gumbo

Here are some pics from lastnight

0119001802a.jpg

0119001802b.jpg

0119001802.jpg

0119001802c.jpg

How much is that going to run you (the console). Mine looks pretty crappy as well, and is a little short for my liking, so I'm figuring I'll use my current console as a template, and just make a little bit bigger one out of 1/2" plywood. Carpeting it doesn't thrill me, especially when compared to a powder coat... =P~

Very nice work! One question, I did not see how you handled flotaion. What type of foam did you add and where?

dyeguy1212 said:
How much is that going to run you (the console). Mine looks pretty crappy as well, and is a little short for my liking, so I'm figuring I'll use my current console as a template, and just make a little bit bigger one out of 1/2" plywood. Carpeting it doesn't thrill me, especially when compared to a powder coat... =P~

you do know you can't powder coat wood right? powder coating is basically taking a powder, applying it electrostatically to a metal surface, then that whole piece is put in some type of oven to heat and cure the powder to a hardened substance...

I think I read somewhere a while back that you might be able to do MDF board, but I don't know who would have the equipment to do it, or if they can just do it with what they already have..

of course, times have changed, technology has moved forward, and I could be completely wrong

Haha yeah I know... I was just asking because I'd prefer to have one fabbed from aluminum and painted or powercoated, but its not exactly in the budget right now... which explains why I'll be stuck with a carpeted console...

dyeguy, if you need anything specially fabbed up, I got a good friend who lives in metamora with a machine shop in his garage, He can build anything, He works inexpensively as well.. Him and I are working on a hard bait right now that i will be unvailing in the spring... It is gonna be one of a kind and way outside the box.. :D

Bugpac said:
dyeguy, if you need anything specially fabbed up, I got a good friend who lives in metamora with a machine shop in his garage, He can build anything, He works inexpensively as well.. Him and I are working on a hard bait right now that i will be unvailing in the spring... It is gonna be one of a kind and way outside the box.. :D

Thanks for the heads up. I'll PM you later in the season, when I (hopefully) have the funds to do it. I'm figuring I'll whip something together to get me through the summer, and get something more permanent next fall.

Thanks again

I built mine out of a 2x6 and carpeted it.. If anyone needs any help with some cad work to get anything made tho, just let me know, I am fair at acad, My buddy in metamora has a waterjet as well..

Bugpac said:
Him and I are working on a hard bait right now that i will be unvailing in the spring... It is gonna be one of a kind and way outside the box.. :D

Oh no! Will that be the official unveiling of the Big Betty Boom version 2.0? :shock:

Latest posts