20' Lowe Olympic Jon Boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
reedjj said:
whats next? floor? You might have already said, but are you going with aluminum for the floor? Closed cell foam under it?
Yep, Aluminum floor and a console are next. I did get all the twist out so she's pretty straight.
I got an ok deal on a manual CMC Jack Plate, and as soon as I get the motor in to be checked
out I'll have them rig it. Closed cell Foam will be in there somewhere.Thanks for looking.
mmf said:
paint looks great, what brand and kind of paint are you using?
Thanks, Even though some members are having issues with Rustoleum, I went with their Marine Paint.
After carefully reading all the fine print on the cans, I was comfortable with it. (I used to work at Lowes
in the paint dept) The key to a good paint job is about 90% prep. We will see if it holds up to salt water. :)
DSC00143.jpg

I can see this is going to be another one of the great builds.

I once owned an 18' that I thought was too big.
20' is HUGE.

I would like one of those 20 footers with a 115hp tiller steer jet motors onit =D>

Jonboat Jerry said:
reedjj said:
whats next? floor? You might have already said, but are you going with aluminum for the floor? Closed cell foam under it?
Yep, Aluminum floor and a console are next. I did get all the twist out so she's pretty straight.
I got an ok deal on a manual CMC Jack Plate, and as soon as I get the motor in to be checked
out I'll have them rig it. Closed cell Foam will be in there somewhere.Thanks for looking.
mmf said:
paint looks great, what brand and kind of paint are you using?
Thanks, Even though some members are having issues with Rustoleum, I went with their Marine Paint.
After carefully reading all the fine print on the cans, I was comfortable with it. (I used to work at Lowes
in the paint dept) The key to a good paint job is about 90% prep. We will see if it holds up to salt water. :)
DSC00143.jpg

shoot, I like rustoleum paint and I always have good results with it, I even paint my restored Mercury's with it too (black) and get some very nice looking paint jobs( I think) for rustoleum.
merc85painted%252520023.jpg

20%252520merc%252520red%252520006.jpg

I have two quotes out for the console and should hear something back by tomorrow (Monday)
Started on the framework using 2X2 Alum extrusions and 3/16 alum rivets. Hope to find someone
here that has a tig welder. That rivet gun is giving me a workout.

The attachment to the front deck
017.jpg

The foot well for the console looking aft
015.jpg

The foot well looking forward, the black line on the top of the foot well is where the console will attach
013.jpg

I got a few more licks in this week.
Here is the rear bulkhead looking forward.
DSC00162.jpg

Just ahead of the orig rear seat is the foot well for the rear seating area.
DSC00163.jpg

Here is the whole thing. The tops of these boxes and the rear bulkhead are at deck level
DSC00164.jpg

I'm using a small Laser and an old fashion string t keep it all straight.
You can just barely see the line on the gunwale that is the target for the flush deck.
Now I just have to fill in between :)

I have a 16' Lowe and I really like it, but I would REALLY like one that is 20'!!!! That would be great for all the room. I will be watching this project to see how it goes.

Looking good Jonboat Jerry, I can't see in the pix how the square tubing is attached in your framework, some kind of bracket? Is the whole boat going to be a raised platform? Keep up your very neat job! You did an excellent job painting! :)

What's going on? Too busy to post ain't ya? What I really hate is when the "old nag" comes up with a honey-do list when you are wide open making progress :p [-X

Hi Mike? sorry I didn't include any detail.
The first connector is a Capri Clip which is used in shear load
DSC00177.jpg

The other is a castle Clip that is in compression
DSC00176.jpg

Here are the parts
DSC00178.jpg

Here is the progress I made today
DSC00173.jpg

DSC00179.jpg

Posting as you comented HA HA

DSC00180.jpg