Bow Mount

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mpd165

Reaction score
Now that I have my trolling motor working thanks to Tinboats, i'm exploring options on how to mount it on the bow of my boat. I know I can turn the head so that it works, but obviously the mount on it is made for the transom. I'm thinking about doing something simmilar to what baitcaster did, but was wondering if anyone had any experience with the below type mounts. It looks like they can be purchased at bass pro or cabelas for under $30.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 540
Mpd165 said:
Now that I have my trolling motor working thanks to Tinboats, i'm exploring options on how to mount it on the bow of my boat. I know I can turn the head so that it works, but obviously the mount on it is made for the transom. I'm thinking about doing something simmilar to what baitcaster did, but was wondering if anyone had any experience with the below type mounts. It looks like they can be purchased at bass pro or cabelas for under $30.

Nope. Get a 8 inch section of 2x4. Hold it on the inside edge of the boat at the rail, tighten your trollin motor against it and adjust the angle with the tilt setting. Off ya go. Works for me and others I know. Those that you pictured are flimsy.

You could try this one.

https://www.basspro.com/Pro-Controll-EZ-Mount-for-Transom-Trolling-Motors/product/10210607/-1759701